Cop KO. vid

Video is being used in law enforcement training. A news report from the local television station shows the whole video. What is shown here is only a portion of the video. The whole video depicts several key points:

1. The officer calls in the plates, but does not wait for the results of the check. Later, with radio in hand, the positive results (he has warrants) are relayed back in front of the subject.

2. When the subject hears the call back, he tells the officer,"Ma'am, I can't go back to jail." This should have probably been a telltale sign that he may not have gone peaceably.

3. After she searches the car and finds drugs, she starts walking towards him telling him to place his hands on the vehicle. He never really complies and she doesn't give him any space. When he squares up, he sees his moment to strike.

4. Once she is out, he tries to take her weapon, but can't manage to get it out of her holster because of the thumb brake. Later, after he was caught, he said he planned on throwing it in the bushes at the side of the road. In my opinion, she would probably not be alive if he could have gotten the weapon out.

5. Her husband was an officer (supervisor/captain I think) in the same department. I can't imagine having to watch this video if I were her husband.

Mistakes were made by the officer, but mistakes are much easier to see once the event has occurred with the advantage of 20/20 hindsight. Probably has already been mentioned, but the officer is no longer working for the department.

It's good they are using this as a training video, it's a grim reminder of what can happen when you are careless.

carelessness at most jobs = not a whole lot

being a cop = someone dead or seriously hurt

Re-read my post and it sounded like she was let go by the department she worked for. Just wanted to say that the officer left of her own volition.

ttt

Whatever.  I don't even want to start.

"Take most any harm-intending 6' 4" , 240 lb male against ANY female cop 1 on 1 and you have a dead female cop"

and plenty of male?cops