Cop shoots drunk fireman during fight (vid)

I am anything from a supporter of LEO's, but I can't say that the cop was wrong for defending himself with lethal means. The guy was resisting and fighting him, but I'm gonna tell you right now that if the officer was better trained in controlling someone, it would've never gotten to that point where the guy lost his life.

At the very least that officer needs to be evaluated on his protocols on securing a suspect, and for his own protection he should seek some additional training. Phone Post 3.0

from reading story cannot decide of Fireman had right to be punching people or not.......and not sure if things should be settled that way.......

not enough punching and otherwise accommodating people lose the manners and develop jerk behaviors.......

and too much punching and the punchers begin to become bullies........

Why didn't he fire warning shots? Phone Post 3.0

BTTMike - I am anything from a supporter of LEO's, but I can't say that the cop was wrong for defending himself with lethal means. The guy was resisting and fighting him, but I'm gonna tell you right now that if the officer was better trained in controlling someone, it would've never gotten to that point where the guy lost his life.

At the very least that officer needs to be evaluated on his protocols on securing a suspect, and for his own protection he should seek some additional training. Phone Post 3.0
The guy was a perfect candidate for the use of OC spray. If that cop had that on his belt he should have used it before going right into strikes.

All the more reason I don't think that was an intentional knee drop. He skipped a step. But if he sprayed him and it doesn't work, it goes that way anyway. Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

checkuroil - 
BIGWHITESEXY -
Eh_J - 
BIGWHITESEXY -

THAT COP WAS IN THE FUCKING WRONG FROM THE START..........DUDE WAS COMPLYING UNTIL THAT FUCKING COWARD DROP KNEE'D HIM FOR NO REASON......I WOULDN'T LET SOMEONE FUCKING ATTACK ME EITHER COP OR NOT............YOU DON'T GET TO BEAT ON SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU HAVE A FUCKING BADGE.    WHAT A FUCKING PUSSY. 

The guy was NOT complying.

Cop had a legit arrest authority. The wife admitted that he assaulted the cab driver. Phone Post 3.0

DUDE WAS DRUNK OFF HIS ASS UNARMED AND WAS ASKING THE COP TO BE A LITTLE MORE POLITE WHILE NOT COMPLYING.........DOES THAT NESSESITATE POTENTIALLY LETHAL DROP KNEE TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD?  

You don't get to make those requests Phone Post 3.0

BROTHER I AM NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU ON THAT ONE...........ITS THE COPS OVER REACTION THAT LED TO HIS DEATH THOUGH.  HE SHOT AN UNARMED MAN BECAUSE INSTEAD OF REALLY TRYING TO SUBDUE HIM OR WAITING FOR BACK UP SO IT WOULD BE EASIER TO CUFF THE GUY..........HE FUCKING DROP KNEED THE GUY IN THE BACK OF HIS HEAD WHICH REALLY PISSED OFF THE FIREMAN AND LED TO THE FATAL SCUFFLE. 

Zero issue with what the cop did, if the drunk complied it never would have gotten that far.

Fade The Public - Zero issue with what the cop did, if the drunk complied it never would have gotten that far.

If the security guard wouldn't have tried to play lone ranger and billy badass and instead would have waited for backup, it never would have gotten that far. 

play stupid games

win stupid prizes

THE COP IS 100% IN THE RIGHT,AND DID EXACTLY WHAT HE SHOULDVE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGWHITESEXY - 
checkuroil - 
BIGWHITESEXY -
Eh_J - 
BIGWHITESEXY -

THAT COP WAS IN THE FUCKING WRONG FROM THE START..........DUDE WAS COMPLYING UNTIL THAT FUCKING COWARD DROP KNEE'D HIM FOR NO REASON......I WOULDN'T LET SOMEONE FUCKING ATTACK ME EITHER COP OR NOT............YOU DON'T GET TO BEAT ON SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU HAVE A FUCKING BADGE.    WHAT A FUCKING PUSSY. 

The guy was NOT complying.

Cop had a legit arrest authority. The wife admitted that he assaulted the cab driver. Phone Post 3.0

DUDE WAS DRUNK OFF HIS ASS UNARMED AND WAS ASKING THE COP TO BE A LITTLE MORE POLITE WHILE NOT COMPLYING.........DOES THAT NESSESITATE POTENTIALLY LETHAL DROP KNEE TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD?  

You don't get to make those requests Phone Post 3.0

BROTHER I AM NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU ON THAT ONE...........ITS THE COPS OVER REACTION THAT LED TO HIS DEATH THOUGH.  HE SHOT AN UNARMED MAN BECAUSE INSTEAD OF REALLY TRYING TO SUBDUE HIM OR WAITING FOR BACK UP SO IT WOULD BE EASIER TO CUFF THE GUY..........HE FUCKING DROP KNEED THE GUY IN THE BACK OF HIS HEAD WHICH REALLY PISSED OFF THE FIREMAN AND LED TO THE FATAL SCUFFLE. 

IT WAS THE DRUNK COMMITING A FELONY THAT LED TO ALL OF THIS......

you think that cop wanted to deal with a drunk asshole choking him and pounding his face in?

BruceWayne23 - 50 second mark. Cop clearly brings his knee on that guy's temple hard.

How many of those would you want to take before you realized the cop didn't care if he killed you or not?

Fuck that cop and fuck that grand jury.

So that occurred after at least 50 seconds of the fireman resisting being handcuffed, and after he had already assaulted the taxi driver.

He wasn't exactly a victim of an unprovoked attack by the cop.

Grand Jury decision seems reasonable.

angryinch -

in for angryinch

Awesome! Phone Post 3.0

LOL at all the faggots onm here talking about everything OTHER than the criminal and what he did....

Paragraphs, how do they work? Phone Post 3.0

Justified.

angryinch - 
Fade The Public - Zero issue with what the cop did, if the drunk complied it never would have gotten that far.

If the security guard wouldn't have tried to play lone ranger and billy badass and instead would have waited for backup, it never would have gotten that far. 

The "security guard" is a cop working overtime, in many places they do this in uniform. We expect cops to chase people by themselves and to apprehend people by themselves.

It's called doing his job and sometimes it goes bad and people get shot.

If the drunk complied none of this happens.

that knee didn't do shit

dude just tried to go north south when the drunk guy was already coming up

should have went knee on back or belly

drunk guy was pulling his arms away the whole time being noncompliant, he's the one that escalated it

Few observations...... To those saying that he should have waited for backup..... I think it's clear he was fleeing the scene, as a cop it's your duty to apprehend him, sometimes waiting for backup isn't an option.
To those that are making out the cop was too weak/too poor at unarmed combat etc.... I will be the first person to admit that a lot of cops are overweight, can't handle themselves and are not fit to do the job HOWEVER, the other guy was a firefighter, obviously in good shape himself, trying to cuff someone who doesn't want to be cuffed is practically impossible unless you are vastly stronger then the guy you are trying to cuff...... The cop looked like he was doing everything right... The guys own fault he wound up dead. Phone Post 3.0

angryinch -

And if he would have waited for backup instead of intervening to preventing further assault on the taxi driver or anyone else that happened to cross paths with this drunk then we would complain that the lazy cop just stood there and did nothing. Phone Post 3.0