Cop shoots drunk fireman during fight (vid)

Fade The Public - 
angryinch - 
Fade The Public - Zero issue with what the cop did, if the drunk complied it never would have gotten that far.

If the security guard wouldn't have tried to play lone ranger and billy badass and instead would have waited for backup, it never would have gotten that far. 

The "security guard" is a cop working overtime, in many places they do this in uniform. We expect cops to chase people by themselves and to apprehend people by themselves.

It's called doing his job and sometimes it goes bad and people get shot.

If the drunk complied none of this happens.

SO YOU ARE ALL FOR SHOOTING AN UNARMED MAN.............WOW.  

LIKE I SAID I JUST CALL IT LIKE I SEE IT.   THAT COP WAS A FUCKING IDIOT......HE ESCALATED THE SITUATION......  THEN SHOT THE GUY FOR DEFENDING HIMSELF......

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE THE DRUNK WAS AN IDIOT AS WELL BUT IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN OUT PARTYING YOU SEE ABOUT A MILLION OF THOSE GUYS.   ITS CALLED BEING A DRUNK MALE.  IF THAT COP CAN'T HANDLE SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS A DRUNK TESTOSTERONE FILLED GUY.  HE SHOULDN'T BE DOING THAT AS A PROFESSION. 

Pussy ass cop took two punches. Phone Post 3.0

Drunk people fight all the time.  It rarely escalates into a shooting.   What escalated this into a shooting is the introduction of an armed cop.   Had the cop not been there, the worst that would have happened is a cab driver with a black eye.   But throw an armed thug into the mix and his mere presence is enough to escalate it.  And then you add to that the actions the cop took, and there you have it.   A cab driver with a black eye suddenly turns into a dead firefighter.  

Cops are generally bad news and whenever a cop makes an appearance at any kind of incident like this, bad thing are sure to happen.  

Unarmed people can kill you, especially if you have a gun on your waist. Going unconscious is a death sentence for a cop

Don't call that guy a fireman. It disrespects all real Heros that do that job. That guy was a punk Phone Post 3.0

BIGWHITESEXY -
Fade The Public - 
angryinch - 
Fade The Public - Zero issue with what the cop did, if the drunk complied it never would have gotten that far.

If the security guard wouldn't have tried to play lone ranger and billy badass and instead would have waited for backup, it never would have gotten that far. 

The "security guard" is a cop working overtime, in many places they do this in uniform. We expect cops to chase people by themselves and to apprehend people by themselves.

It's called doing his job and sometimes it goes bad and people get shot.

If the drunk complied none of this happens.

SO YOU ARE ALL FOR SHOOTING AN UNARMED MAN.............WOW.  

LIKE I SAID I JUST CALL IT LIKE I SEE IT.   THAT COP WAS A FUCKING IDIOT......HE ESCALATED THE SITUATION......  THEN SHOT THE GUY FOR DEFENDING HIMSELF......

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE THE DRUNK WAS AN IDIOT AS WELL BUT IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN OUT PARTYING YOU SEE ABOUT A MILLION OF THOSE GUYS.   ITS CALLED BEING A DRUNK MALE.  IF THAT COP CAN'T HANDLE SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS A DRUNK TESTOSTERONE FILLED GUY.  HE SHOULDN'T BE DOING THAT AS A PROFESSION. 

Ehhh a drunk testosterone filled guy, especially an in-shape fireman, would be difficult for anyone deal with alone. Get one of your buddies and have him resist while you try putting handcuffs on him. No punches or anything, just have him simply resist and pull away from you. It's hard as hell. Phone Post 3.0

"The "security guard" is a cop working overtime, in many places they do this in uniform."

According to the article he was off duty and working as a security guard for a hotel. 

LOL TWO PUNCHES BRO.......TWO PUNCHES.........AND AGAIN HE WAS A DRUNK TESTOSTERONE FILLED MALE CELEBRATING HIS FUCKING WEDDING............YOU SAYING YOU NEVER GOT DRUNK AND DID OR SAID SOME STUPID SHIT........CAUSE I KNOW I HAVE.......SHIT I WOULD NEVER EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING WHEN I WAS SOBER........THE COP SHOT AN UNARMED MAN OVER A FIST FIGHT.........THAT HE STARTED.   

FlowWithTheGo - Pussy ass cop took two punches. Phone Post 3.0

Cop ended up with a broken jaw, and a broken orbital socket.

How many more shots like that was he supposed to take before he was justified in defending himself?

angryinch - 

"The "security guard" is a cop working overtime, in many places they do this in uniform."

According to the article he was off duty and working as a security guard for a hotel. 

Yes I read that too, I also know cops work over time as security in uniform. I'm not sure of many places that allow security guards to carry handcuffs. It's safe to assume he was in his police uniform and has a "duty to act" as a police officer in this situation.

You and BWS can spin this anyway you want but you'll both be wrong as usual.

KneeUpperCut Ios - 
BIGWHITESEXY - 

THAT COP WAS IN THE FUCKING WRONG FROM THE START..........DUDE WAS COMPLYING UNTIL THAT FUCKING COWARD DROP KNEE'D HIM FOR NO REASON......I WOULDN'T LET SOMEONE FUCKING ATTACK ME EITHER COP OR NOT............YOU DON'T GET TO BEAT ON SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU HAVE A FUCKING BADGE.    WHAT A FUCKING PUSSY. 

And you would've gotten slaughtered.

I DON'T REMEMBER YOU........OBVIOUSLY I PISSED YOU OFF AT SOME POINT FOR YOU TO TAKE TIME OUT OF YOUR DAY TO ACT LIKE SUCH A PERIOD HAVING HOMO.................

Fade The Public - 
angryinch - 

Yes I read that too, I also know cops work over time as security in uniform. I'm not sure of many places that allow security guards to carry handcuffs. It's safe to assume he was in his police uniform and has a "duty to act" as a police officer in this situation.

This was not overtime.  He was off duty.   Here it's called an off duty job.  Many places let cops wear their uniforms when working off duty security jobs but he was not on duty.  

The cop clearly had a right to shoot the guy when he was getting seriously beat down, but the knee to the head was unnecessary (despite the guy mildly resisting) and only escalated the situation. An over-aggressive cop and belligerent drunk guy don't mix well. Shitty situation.

Police officers are sworn officers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in uniform or not.

andyloveshugs -

the issue is the ridiculous knee he threw for basically no reason. dude was drunk and moving a little while being cuffed or controlled, you don't knee him in the head. he wasn't throwing strikes or biting him or some shit. 

He wasn't being cuffed and he wasn't being controlled Phone Post 3.0

Fade The Public - 
angryinch - 

YOU'RE RIGHT.....COPS SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHOOT UNARMED PEOPLE ALL DAY.............I MEAN DON'T USE A TASER OR PEPPER SPRAY OR ANY OF THE OTHER NUMEROUS NON LETHAL WEAPONS AT YOUR DISPOSAL WHEN THE GUY IS BASICALLY LAYING ON THE FUCKING GROUND..............YOU SHOULD JUST DROP KNEE A GUY THEN SHOOT HIM........

OR MAYBE JUST MAYBE..........HIRE BETTER TRAINED AND MORE LEVEL HEADED INDIVIDUALS TO "PROTECT & SERVE" THE PUBLIC............

I KNOW........I KNOW.......... ITS A CRAZY IDEA!!!!  

Hero on Hero crime

BIGWHITESEXY -

THAT COP WAS IN THE FUCKING WRONG FROM THE START..........DUDE WAS COMPLYING UNTIL THAT FUCKING COWARD DROP KNEE'D HIM FOR NO REASON......I WOULDN'T LET SOMEONE FUCKING ATTACK ME EITHER COP OR NOT............YOU DON'T GET TO BEAT ON SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU HAVE A FUCKING BADGE.    WHAT A FUCKING PUSSY. 

YOU SIR ARE FUCKING RETARDED. Phone Post 3.0

angryinch - 
Fade The Public - 
angryinch - 

This was not overtime.  He was off duty.   Here it's called an off duty job.  Many places let cops wear their uniforms when working off duty security jobs but he was not on duty.  

Yes, you're correct not overtime in the sense the city is paying for it.

When in uniform though I can guarantee they have a "duty to act", and he did in this situation.

This issue doesn't start at the knee, it start well before it. You go hands on with a cop, you are going to lose. Most people know this.

"Hubbard, who was working security for the Marriott while wearing his Police Department uniform, saw the group arguing and saw Anthony Bruno leaving the area. He headed east after him."

Can you wear your uniform when you're working another job?

I do have your full right to arrest and detain people?

They had the guys wife outside the hotel, why not just let him walk a way?

KneeUpperCut Ios - 
BIGWHITESEXY - 
KneeUpperCut Ios - 
BIGWHITESEXY - 

And you would've gotten slaughtered.

I DON'T REMEMBER YOU........OBVIOUSLY I PISSED YOU OFF AT SOME POINT FOR YOU TO TAKE TIME OUT OF YOUR DAY TO ACT LIKE SUCH A PERIOD HAVING HOMO.................

Nope, never pissed me off.

Just pointing out that you live in a civilized society (relatively speaking) your tough-talking bravadoesq chest-puffing would do NOTHING for you other then leaving you curled up in a fetal position on the street begging for mercy and crying for help.

You ain't shit, fatass.

LOL JESUS MAN.......CALM DOWN OR YOUR GONNA NEED TO SWAP OUT TAMPONS ALREADY.

AND YUP I TOTALLY MUST HAVE PISSED YOU OFF...........HAHAHHAHA