Cop shot at traffic stop, returns fire and takes out two scumbags

Good shoot.

1 Like

The country would be a better place with more dead criminals.

4 Likes

Excellent. Fuck them and fuck their families.

6 Likes

Lol at a night in jail over a dime bag. They’d just take it and give him a ticket or something.

No wonder my friend tells me all the time to practice my shooting with both hands

2 Likes

Good on him. Great reflexes. Just an awesome job on his part. Very impressive.

1 Like

If it turns into a drug investigation he can identify the passenger.

100%

I thought anyone has to show ID when asked for it in certain states?

You can also say, “I have no ID on me officer”.

I’m pretty sure it’s illegal in certain states. I just checked and Arizona, where I live, does have that law.

So it’s illegal to not carry an ID?

Great fucking work. And a good example of why working on shooting off hand is very mandatory.

1 Like

No. No one except a driver of a motor vehicle is required to carry an ID. Also, not every state has a stop and identify statute. There are numerous states in which you do not have to identify yourself unless you are arrested. Having said that, if police have probable cause to suspect you of a crime and you refuse to produce your ID or identify yourself, they may choose to arrest you in the states which do not have stop and identify laws.

For reference:

"Stop and identify" statutes are laws in several U.S. states that authorize police[1] to lawfully order people whom they reasonably suspect of a crime to state their name. If there is not reasonable suspicion that a crime has been committed, is being committed, or is about to be committed, an individual is not required to provide identification, even in these states.[[2]](Stop and identify statutes - Wikipedia.

States with stop and identify statutes

Missouri, which has a stop and identify statute that only applies to Kansas City

Information as of 1 February 2018.

1 Like

You must be able to prove identity if asked by law enforcement in Arizona and six other states.

Fair but let’s play it out. It has to be a stop and ID state to start and he has to have RS. Does smell from a human constitute RS? I’m not sure about that but honestly I’m not pretending to be current on it. I know from a dog it is even PC but not sure human smell is enough. But then if it isn’t even a stop and ID state then no one can be IDd on that. WA for example there is no obligation to ID ever. Texas only on arrest and so on. Good point though I wasn’t thinking that when I watched it.

Edit to say this was Texas which only has an ID on arrest statute.

1 Like

Just on a quick glance that case appears to be about a patdown for weapons not ID but I’ll read the whole thing.

This is incorrect. There is no state that requires a person to identify themselves without reasonable suspicion.

Edit: Unless you are a driver of course

Correct. And even in those it is state your name not provide ID though him asking for ID is construed to be asking to identify himself so not a distinction that really matters, just felt like adding it.

1 Like