Cop slaps the sh!t out of homeless man

Imagine that, another isolated incident.

Damn Phone Post 3.0

Caught on Camera: Fort Lauderdale Officer Slaps & Pushes Homeless Man to Ground

A Fort Lauderdale police officer has been suspended with pay after he was caught on camera slapping and pushing a homeless man to the ground on Monday.

Bruce Laclair, 58, was trying to use the restroom when he was arrested by Officer Victor Ramirez for trespassing.

A young woman and her fiancee recorded the incident when they noticed a conforntation between the man and officer.

"Like oh my god it was horrifying to think that a cop would just do that to anybody!", the 21-year-old witness said.

Fort Lauderdale police are investigating the incident and are asking the public to not jump to conclusions until the investigation is complete.

A press conference has been scheduled for Tuesday at 10 a.m.

Laclair has bonded out of jail. It is unknown if he has an attorney at this time.

An incident like this is when bystanders need to jump the cop and beat the everloving shit out of him. 

And this is a perfect example of the cop mentality. "I tell you what to do and you do it."

That's the only thing cops have in their tiny little brains when interacting with the public.  

That didn't look good.

Curious why the cop already had those gloves on though?

Cop also had no self awareness, watched again that cop is a douche and should be fired.

DirtehSneakehs - Can't wait for 1st justified killing of an police officer who is abusing his power and assaulting civilians who have committed no crime. You want to be a Gestapo and force your boot on the innocent, one day someone will stand up to that bigot and defend the innocent. Time and time again we have seen that the police force is the last group you want to protect you. Phone Post 3.0

This would have been one of those justified killings, imo.  When a cop is assaulting you in that manner, it's reasonable to believe your life is in danger. 

Throwin'Knuckles - Damn is that SOP to push and slap like that? Especially a downed opponent

Of course.  That's standard police procedure.  I'm sure lakerup, IP, and the rest of the OG cops and their minions can explain it to you.  

The poor cop just wanted to get home to his family. 

Looks like the cop was just doing his job. A damn good job at that. He will prob get a raise after he gets back from vacation.

RiddumRed - Looks like the cop was just doing his job. A damn good job at that. He will prob get a raise after he gets back from vacation.

Yep.  The department is already asking people to nut jump to conclusions.  Obviously, they think there's a perfectly reasonable and justifiable reason for the cop's actions.  They just have to manufacture that reason and then explain it in a press conference.

angryinch -

An incident like this is when bystanders need to jump the cop and beat the everloving shit out of him. 

And this is a perfect example of the cop mentality. "I tell you what to do and you do it."

That's the only thing cops have in their tiny little brains when interacting with the public.  

I agree that the cop was way out of line but people jumping him and beating the shit out of him would've just resulted them possibly getting shot. That's a bit of a ridiculous statement. Phone Post 3.0

Chest Rockwell - 
angryinch -

I agree that the cop was way out of line but people jumping him and beating the shit out of him would've just resulted them possibly getting shot. That's a bit of a ridiculous statement. Phone Post 3.0

Not ridiculous at all.  How else do you propose we keep cops in check?  Once the cop has assaulted the person it's too late.  The assault needs to be stopped before it gets out of hand.   One day we will reach a tipping point and something like that will happen.  A cop will get out of line and an angry public will stop him with whatever force is necessary. 

Can't help but laugh at the witness statement " like Oh My God" haha Phone Post 3.0

angryinch -
Chest Rockwell - 
angryinch -

Not ridiculous at all.  How else do you propose we keep cops in check?  Once the cop has assaulted the person it's too late.  The assault needs to be stopped before it gets out of hand.   One day we will reach a tipping point and something like that will happen.  A cop will get out of line and an angry public will stop him with whatever force is necessary. 

Oh god, please stop. I can't laugh at you anymore. Phone Post 3.0

I don't trust cops.

cool hand Ed - I don't trust cops.
You know who else I don't trust? Homeless dudes. Phone Post 3.0

Disgusting. How many times was the camera guy going to pan down to his chick's muffin top? Phone Post 3.0

Way to handle that situation like a complete douche bag. I'm not going to be too hard on the cop though, their jobs are fucked up and who knows what else he's been involved in this week that might have him on the edge.... or it's possible he's just a douche bag.

A drunk bum staggering around was being arrested and he slapped him around a bit. Good. I swear this is a forum of women.

GenErick - That didn't look good.

Curious why the cop already had those gloves on though?

Probably because the guy is well know to him (e.g. trying to wash himself/his clothes in the airport bathroom, etc)

Those kind of gloves are always on your belt for handling people with clear hygiene issues.