Cops at it again...terrorizing 11 year old girl...

Way to go, shitstains. Video at link.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/14/michigan-police-officers-handcuff-screaming-girl-11-at-gunpoint-video-shows.html

Michigan police officers handcuff screaming girl, 11, at gunpoint, video shows

Michigan police officers searching for a stabbing suspect instead handcuffed an 11-year-old girl at gunpoint while she screamed in terror — an incident caught on video that the police chief called “inappropriate.”

On Dec. 6, Grand Rapids Police Department officers were searching for Carrie Sue Manning, 41, who was accused of stabbing her younger sister. Police officers approached a home as Honestie Hodges, her mother, Whitney, and one of her aunts were walking out, FOX17 West Michigan reported.

"The cops turned on their flashlights and had guns in their hands," the 11-year-old told the news station. “We were all put into separate cop cars.”

The department has opened an internal investigation into the matter.

In a body camera video the police department released on Tuesday, Honestie is heard screaming while police officers are pointing a gun toward her as they place handcuffs on her wrists.

“I didn’t know what was going on," Honestie told the station. "I didn’t do anything wrong, I’ve never got in trouble by the Grand Rapids Police. I used to want to be a Grand Rapids police officer, but ever since that happened, I want nothing to do with them.”

Police officers feared Manning, who is Honestie’s aunt, could have been in the house. They later located her in the neighboring residence and arrested her. Manning was charged with attempted murder.

Grand Rapids Police Chief David Rahinsky admitted on Tuesday the officers’ actions were “inappropriate,” adding that the department does “have a problem.”

"The juvenile was treated the same way we would have treated any adult, and when you’re dealing with an 11-year-old, it’s inappropriate," Rahinsky said. "The screams of the 11-year-old, they go to your heart, you hear the mother yelling from the steps ‘that’s my child,' and that’s our community’s child."

He added, "That’s someone who lives in Grand Rapids, that’s somebody who should feel safe running to an officer."

Rahinsky said Honestie, her mom and aunt were handcuffed to ensure they weren’t carrying a weapon. He added that changes are necessary for the future and an internal investigation is being conducted.

The Hodges family are filing a complaint against the police department.

---------------------------------------------------

What should the cop be charged with?

So just because someone is female, that means they can't be dangerous? Solid point OP.

BrowBeaten - So just because someone is female, that means they can't be dangerous? Solid point OP.

So you disagree with the police chief?

"Grand Rapids Police Chief David Rahinsky admitted on Tuesday the officers’ actions were “inappropriate,” adding that the department does “have a problem.”"

Solid point, genius.

angryinch -
BrowBeaten - So just because someone is female, that means they can't be dangerous? Solid point OP.

So you disagree with the police chief?

"Grand Rapids Police Chief David Rahinsky admitted on Tuesday the officers’ actions were “inappropriate,” adding that the department does “have a problem.”"

Solid point, genius.

The police chief was clearly being sarcastic dumbass. Are you retarded? By the way, how age-ist are you?? So all children should just be allowed to do whatever they want? Glad you don't have kids.

The vast majority of police interactions are positive. Let’s not latch onto an outlier like this. Not all cops are bad. 

kinson - 

The vast majority of police interactions are positive. Let’s not latch onto an outlier like this. Not all cops are bad. 

We have way too many "outliers" for anyone to believe that the problem isn't systemic.

Honestie

Her resume is going into the trash every time in all honestie!

angryinch -
kinson - 

We have way too many "outliers" for anyone to believe that the problem isn't systemic.
Maybe, but you're bias and angry

angryinch -
kinson - 

Millions of interactions daily. What happened was wrong and terrible but there is nothing systemic happening. Bad things happen and will always happen. 

You hate the police. We get it. I’m sorry you feel that way. 

BrowBeaten - 
angryinch -
kinson - 

He's also correct.

if the girl just stabbed her sister

cuffs seem appropriate

BiggGunn - 
BrowBeaten - 
angryinch -
kinson - 

He's also correct.

Oh, please, he's just a silly little man who likes to shrilly cry "The sky is falling".

If "the problem" was anywhere near as bad as angrybitch likes to claim, he would be able to produce 10-20 new examples a day. Instead, he gets worked up about the once a month to once a week of shitty behavior and posts about them endlessly. He has a collection of gifs he likes to post over and over of about 20 incidents that are years and years old. It's a good schtick but over time its repetitive and not that well thought out.

I can't watch the video, but from the description it sounds like officers arrived on the scene of a reported stabbing. They have to sort through a bunch of family members trying to leave. They place them in cuffs and separate cars as they sort through the mess. They apprehend the suspect and then release the rest. That about right?

Unless there's something I'm missing here, I'm not seeing the problem. Chief seems like a gutless, pandering, political hack. The appropriate response by him would be to say the incident is under investigation and I cannot comment further until it is completed. His actual response was very unprofessional.

McSurly - 
BiggGunn - 
BrowBeaten - 
angryinch -
kinson - 

He's also correct.

Oh, please, he's just a silly little man who likes to shrilly cry "The sky is falling".

If "the problem" was anywhere near as bad as angrybitch likes to claim, he would be able to produce 10-20 new examples a day. Instead, he gets worked up about the once a month to once a week of shitty behavior and posts about them endlessly. He has a collection of gifs he likes to post over and over of about 20 incidents that are years and years old. It's a good schtick but over time its repetitive and not that well thought out.

LOL.

The fact that it happens more than once a year is enough. In some cases, the evidence of it gets buried for an extended time by the police. When Jason Van Dyke killed Laquan McDonald, it took almost over a year for the video to surface and action taken against Van Dyke. Multiple officers gave false statements, and some even sabotaged a security recording at a nearby Burger King.

We just saw the video of Daniel Shaver last week. It's one month from being two years since he died.

There's a case in my area (which is a small, rural area) where a police dispatcher murdered his ex-girlfriend, and the incident was covered up and they tried to spin it as a suicide.

There's a HUGE issue with police violence and overreach in the US, and denying it doesn't change that it exits. It just makes you look like a fool.

^if you really think shit like this and worse doesn't happen often then you are blind. Is it a epidemic yet ? No , but it's far to common . I more often than not side with LE by the way , but I won't pretend or turn a blind eye either .

ranier wolfcastle -

if the girl just stabbed her sister

cuffs seem appropriate

"Yeah but still."

-Angryinch

The police should be allowed to shoot anyone that doesn't do what they say, immediately. 

Especially children. 

Captain CargoShorts -

The police should be allowed to shoot anyone that doesn't do what they say, immediately. 

Especially children. 

Sup Comrade Stalin ?

BrowBeaten - So just because someone is female, that means they can't be dangerous? Solid point OP.

It’s the 11 year old part, fucktard

fastnotch331 -
Captain CargoShorts -

Especially children. 

Sup Comrade Stalin ?

I'm just killing time and dissenters waiting on the workday to be over. 

How are you?