Cops don't kill many innocent people at all.

Statistically, police kill very few people who do not attempt to first kill the cop or a citizen.

Scumbags kill most innocent people, not cops.

It is not really spoken of but all these cop haters in society are tired of the predatory drug laws that ruin peoples lives.

Before the age of 21, untold numbers of non-violent drug users and sellers have their lives ruined via felonies and prison sentences because of their choices to use or profit from drugs.

Who enforces our horrible drug laws? Cops.

The studies are clear, decriminalization of all drugs would lead to a safer, less violent society with far fewer people incarcerated.

Plus all this biased far left media can really influence the semi-literate segment of a population.

BJ Penn Forever - Statistically, police kill very few people who do not attempt to first kill the cop or a citizen.

Scumbags kill most innocent people, not cops.

It is not really spoken of but all these cop haters in society are tired of the predatory drug laws that ruin peoples lives.

Before the age of 21, untold numbers of non-violent drug users and sellers have their lives ruined via felonies and prison sentences because of their choices to use or profit from drugs.

Who enforces our horrible drug laws? Cops.

The studies are clear, decriminalization of all drugs would lead to a safer, less violent society with far fewer people incarcerated.

I agree with much of this. 

What keeps people so against legalizing all drugs?

So many organized crime problems would be solved by legalization, it is truly mind bottling to think of all the people that could be kept out of jail, all the lives that could be saved, all the gangs whose incomes would be smaller...

Decriminalization of all drugs now.

Gary Johnson 2016.

Thank you.

Agree with most of this, but not the last part. Almost all violent crimes are committed by criminals who are under the influence of either drugs or alcohol, including assaults on police officers. Decriminalizing drugs is not a magic bullet that will somehow stop violent and intoxicated people from committing violent assaults. Minor drug possession crimes do not typically result in assaults on peace officers. That is a fallacy and a myth. Phone Post 3.0

Cops don't decide who's innocent.

Also, junkies are still going to steal, rob, and burgle to support a theoretical legal drug habit.

The problem in our country is not the illegality of drugs. It is the rate of abuse. We comprise roughly 4% of the worlds population, yet consume 2/3 of the illicit drug supply.

That is crazy. Phone Post 3.0

LakerUp - Agree with most of this, but not the last part. Almost all violent crimes are committed by criminals who are under the influence of either drugs or alcohol, including assaults on police officers. Decriminalizing drugs is not a magic bullet that will somehow stop violent and intoxicated people from committing violent assaults. Minor drug possession crimes do not typically result in assaults on peace officers. That is a fallacy and a myth. Phone Post 3.0

Drugs are bad-mkay?

Actually, it just depends on which drugs get approved through the process of legal corruption in the U.S. called "lobbying."

The #1 lobbying force in the U.S. is the pharmaceutical industry. They bribe and pay off politicians to pass approval for the drugs that they want to bring to the market. Many of these drugs are more dangerous than the symptoms they treat--SSRI's for example.

Police officers are in a tough position. They have to enforce laws that are not moral nor passed in a just, democratic manner.

It's like being a soldier in an unjust war--we are bound to obey our orders and not question them. However, one can be conscious that the premise of the war is unjust at best, criminal at worse (research U.S. war crimes. the u.s. has consistently targeted innocent civilians, hospitals, schools, pharmacies etc.) and still be forced to honor their contract and oath or suffer legal consequences. In wartime, that can even mean death to a soldier who disobeys.

The entire situation is a mess. The police, who were once tasked with protecting and serving citizens, are now charged to be militant enforcers who use violence or the threat of violence to enforce compliance with unjust laws which serve an Oligarchy.

Tough time to be a cop.

LakerUp - Agree with most of this, but not the last part. Almost all violent crimes are committed by criminals who are under the influence of either drugs or alcohol, including assaults on police officers. Decriminalizing drugs is not a magic bullet that will somehow stop violent and intoxicated people from committing violent assaults. Minor drug possession crimes do not typically result in assaults on peace officers. That is a fallacy and a myth. Phone Post 3.0

Almost all violent crimes are not committed by people under the influence of drugs (including alcohol).

People are killed in turf wars, killed for money, killed for drugs (that are turned into money), killed for revenge, killed for speaking out, killed for witnessing transactions, killed for being a lose end in an investigation...

These killings are done by sober people with greed being the motive behind the other motive.

"Almost all violent crimes are not committed by people under the influence of drugs (including alcohol)."

Yes, they are. It is a researched fact. Phone Post 3.0

LakerUp - Also, junkies are still going to steal, rob, and burgle to support a theoretical legal drug habit.

The problem in our country is not the illegality of drugs. It is the rate of abuse. We comprise roughly 4% of the worlds population, yet consume 2/3 of the illicit drug supply.

I highly doubt the US consumes 2/3 of the worlds illicit drugs.

You might be thinking of the opiate pills, the US does consume the majority of those.

patadigmer-

I'm about as anti-Big-Pharma as it gets. But I don't see how whatI wrote has anything to do with what I wrote. If anything, the ease of access to pharma drugs shows how problematic legalization potentially would be. Phone Post 3.0

LakerUp - Also, junkies are still going to steal, rob, and burgle to support a theoretical legal drug habit.

We are bogarting. Not cool. Phone Post 3.0

LakerUp - "Almost all violent crimes are not committed by people under the influence of drugs (including alcohol)."

Provide a link to some credible research then.

"almost all" violent crime being linked to someone under the influence is just hyperbole.

LakerUp - patadigmer-

I'm about as anti-Big-Pharma as it gets. But I don't see how whatI wrote has anything to do with what I wrote. If anything, the ease of access to pharma drugs shows how problematic legalization potentially would be. Phone Post 3.0

I wasn't necessarily contesting what you wrote--just making a more broad observation

How do you suppose that legalizing drugs would be more problematic than the current situation? How does applying legal structure to an industry cause more problems? That's a very odd position.

No question, alcohol is highly correlated to violent crimes. I just read one stat that claims 40% of violent crimes are committed while the person is under the influence of alcohol.

I don't think you can show comparable statistics for cocaine, MDMA, or heroin though. If you can, please show me a link.

There is no question in my mind that the ILLEGALITY of cocaine, heroin, meth, and MDMA creates more violence, than the actual physiological effects of the drug

BJ Penn Forever -
LakerUp - Also, junkies are still going to steal, rob, and burgle to support a theoretical legal drug habit.

I highly doubt the US consumes 2/3 of the worlds illicit drugs.

You might be thinking of the opiate pills, the US does consume the majority of those.
We consume 80% of the worlds opioid supply and 99% of the hydrocodone supply. Phone Post 3.0

I still believe more lives are ruined by sentences for petty crime offences than gun violence.

Also, if the petty drug related careers dry up due to the legalization of drugs what happens to those caught up in the industry? legitimate work or government aid...

would be interesting to see.

BJ Penn Forever -
LakerUp - "Almost all violent crimes are not committed by people under the influence of drugs (including alcohol)."

Provide a link to some credible research then.

"almost all" violent crime being linked to someone under the influence is just hyperbole.
https://www.ncadd.org/about-addiction/alcohol-drugs-and-crime

http://www.bjs.gov/content/dcf/duc.cfm Phone Post 3.0