COPS: We're ABOVE THE LAW......& NOT you!!!!

"Police Officer Will Not Be Charged For Killing Napster Exec While Texting And Driving — Because It's Apparently OK For Police To Do That"-------

http://www.businessinsider.com/police-officer-will-not-be-charged-in-killing-of-napster-executive-2014-8

In a statement taken at the scene, Wood claimed that Olin had veered into his lane. The DA reported that the opposite was true.
so he lied. some bullshit right here.

Wow.

Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy Andrew Wood will not be charged for fatally running over former Napster COO Milton Olin Jr. in his patrol car while the officer was typing a message into his computer.
We first saw the news on Valleywag, but there is good coverage in the Daily News and LAist.

The instance exposes the different way that law enforcement officials are treated versus civilians in cases where a person is killed because of texting while driving.

It's illegal to text and drive in California; the state has a specific law against it. Civilians caught doing it can expect to face charges. But a report from the Los Angeles District Attorney's office shows that the rules may be applied differently to cops.

The incident involving Olin and Wood happened in December 2013 in Calabasas, California. Olin, a key figure at the peer-to-peer music-sharing company that pioneered the online music download industry, was cycling in the bicycle lane when he was killed instantly by Wood's patrol car.

Wood drifted into the bicycle lane while typing a reply to a colleague who wanted to know whether any other officers were required to attend a fire reported at a high school he had just left. He was trying to tell the other officer that no further backup was needed.

The Los Angeles District Attorney's report into the incident says that even though it is illegal to text and drive, Wood was not negligent because police officers are expected to respond quickly to messages from colleagues:

Wood had also been texting his wife from his personal phone minutes before the crash, but those texts were not thought to have contributed to Wood's inattention while driving, the DA's office said.
In a statement taken at the scene, Wood claimed that Olin had veered into his lane. The DA reported that the opposite was true.

Mihow - "Wood drifted into the bicycle lane"

and this is why we ride our bicycle on sidewalks

it's illegal here in Ca. unless there is no bike lane. which there was.

Actually, it's illegal even if there isn't a bike lane. I think you can only ride on the sidewalk if you are under 12 years old. All other riders are required to follow the same rules as a motor vehicle.

That's all off memory, but I think I'm generally correct. I used to bike commute every day in LA.

Cyclists should ride their bikes to DC and demand Holder take action.

Anarcho-tyranny.

"What we have in this country today, then, is both anarchy (the failure of the state to enforce the laws) and, at the same time, tyranny – the enforcement of laws by the state for oppressive purposes; the criminalization of the law-abiding and innocent through exorbitant taxation, bureaucratic regulation, the invasion of privacy, and the engineering of social institutions, such as the family and local schools; the imposition of thought control through "sensitivity training" and multiculturalist curricula, "hate crime" laws, gun-control laws that punish or disarm otherwise law-abiding citizens but have no impact on violent criminals who get guns illegally, and a vast labyrinth of other measures. In a word, anarcho-tyranny."

Crimes committed by protected classes, such as police and certain minority groups, go unpunished or unreported. If you or I did the same thing, they'd lock us up, throw away the key, and vilify our families on the nightly news.

You know what... This is actually a case where a cop accidentally did something despicable. I'm much more forgiving of that than all the other terrible stuff we see them do.

That said, I think texting and driving should be equated with DUI. Phone Post 3.0

I never understood bicycle lanes. You're separated from approaching cars by a 6" white line. I don't trust people enough to be that close to a 4,000 lb piece of metal traveling 45mph that I can't even see until it passes. Phone Post 3.0

Police gonna police Phone Post 3.0

letsdodis - I never understood bicycle lanes. You're separated from approaching cars by a 6" white line. I don't trust people enough to be that close to a 4,000 lb piece of metal traveling 45mph that I can't even see until it passes. Phone Post 3.0

My wife is an orthopedic trauma nurse. You wouldn't believe how many of her cases are people on bicycles and ATV's.

Mr Spliff - You know what... This is actually a case where a cop accidentally did something despicable. I'm much more forgiving of that than all the other terrible stuff we see them do.

That said, I think texting and driving should be equated with DUI. Phone Post 3.0

He lied about the incident on accident?

No amount of law making is going to fix the texting while driving problem. We're just too stupid to quit. We need to concentrate our efforts on better, safer technology, not more laws.

Lautreamont - Anarcho-tyranny.

"What we have in this country today, then, is both anarchy (the failure of the state to enforce the laws) and, at the same time, tyranny – the enforcement of laws by the state for oppressive purposes; the criminalization of the law-abiding and innocent through exorbitant taxation, bureaucratic regulation, the invasion of privacy, and the engineering of social institutions, such as the family and local schools; the imposition of thought control through "sensitivity training" and multiculturalist curricula, "hate crime" laws, gun-control laws that punish or disarm otherwise law-abiding citizens but have no impact on violent criminals who get guns illegally, and a vast labyrinth of other measures. In a word, anarcho-tyranny."

Crimes committed by protected classes, such as police and certain minority groups, go unpunished or unreported. If you or I did the same thing, they'd lock us up, throw away the key, and vilify our families on the nightly news.
What is that quote from? Phone Post 3.0

I really hope this isn't true. I would hate the hypocrisy of such an incident. Phone Post 3.0

Jessy Ringquist - 
Lautreamont - Anarcho-tyranny.

What is that quote from? Phone Post 3.0

Samuel Francis

Good article here: https://web.archive.org/web/20070629150834/http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/Chronicles/2005/April2005/0405Francis.html

I believe that this sort of anarcho-tyranny is ramping-up in 'the West'. For a recent example, look at the Rotherham child-predation story, and at how the authorities dealt with the perpetrators... Thousands of children were basically sacrificed on the altar of 'anti-racism.'