Corey Anderson refutes Rogan

Oooh yeah, now I remember. I was at work and my coworler Bill walked up to my desk asking me what my pick was for the huge Anderson vs Nemkov title fight that weekend. That happened right after a unicorn flew up to the window and shat a bowl of superman ice cream for me. Thanks for jogging that noteworthy memory.

Ahh yes all those household names. Who could forget Eblen? It goes Cher, Prince, Shaq, and then Eblen. All the iconic 1 name celebrities over the decades.

Imagine talking to a normal person and saying the word “Eblen” as if it means something. After asking you to repeat yourself, observe the concerned look in their eyes as they watch for other signs of a stroke after hearing you utter nonsensical gibberish.

I’d bet you my life savings that if you were to walk into any random Walmart and ask every single person in the building “Do you know who Eblen is?”, you will get zero people having a fuckin clue what you’re talking about. They couldn’t even tell you if Eblen was a first or last name. They couldn’t tell you if they were alive, dead, a human, a pet, a cartoon character, a figment of your imagination.

Imagine taking the time to post about the glory of non-UFC fighters and your shining example is some guy or girl named Eblen.

LOL

Corey with the 1st Round KO.

Joe has been rich for so long that he forgets that an extra couple thousand dollars is life changing money to someone living fight to fight.

Corey should also realize he’d be coaching JV wrestling in middle school if the UFC didn’t give him a name worth paying for on the open market.

8 Likes

This.

Getting in a cage in your underwear to engage in a competition where the goal is to injure the other person and hope you don’t get injured yourself isn’t a good career plan, in my opinion.

People should fight because they want to be the best, or at least to find out what your competitive ceiling is. If you want to make money and provide for your family, go to trade school or college and pick a career with retirement, health insurance, ect.

I don’t have anything against Corey. I hope ge financially succeeds. But we shouldn’t be telling people MMA is a good way to make a living for their families. Outside of a few exceptional athletes, most MMA “careers” end by 30 with nothing permanent to show for it except for a 500 or so tapology and injuries that will bother you for the rest of your life

1 Like

Ngannou is an exception. If you can be World Class in Boxing, Go for it :+1:t3:. It pays way, way more. It’s Shameful for the UFC. With all the $$$ it makes it could be legitimately trying to attract the world’s best athletes to become fighters. Not mostly guys who can’t make it in the other more lucrative professional sports. Mousasi was a travesty… He shoulda woulda been UFC Champion, and way more exciting than some of the other middleweight champs we’ve had.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, but if someone chooses that profession and are damn good at it, and people like us are willing to pay to watch them. They should definitely get compensated well for it. Especially considering the danger and all the damage the body takes. The UFC, especially Dana, is getting rich off these guys. They should at least make a 100th of what Dana makes lol

2 Likes

They do get compensated though. The question is how much, I suppose.

I can understand where you’re coming from, but have any of the fighters complaining about pay contributed a 100th of what Dana has to the sport being at the level it is?

1 Like

Having your entire career with the UFC is the least rewarding path for the majority of fighters. Outside of top 10 most fighters are still irrelevant so why spend that time fighting in the deepest org for scraps?

Better off starting out in a lesser org fighting scrubs for more money. Sign with UFC once they offer a top 5 opponent and then bounce again as soon as you’re able, back to fighting scrubs while making far more than the UFC pays.

Be honest, are you 14, or are you just another MMA meathead fan? I ask because I don’t want to humiliate you any further if you’re a kid.

The premise of this thread, supported by Anderson’s comments, is that many fighters could make more money outside of the UFC. True to form, you tried to make the thread about what you want: the best fighters all in the UFC and then you ignorantly claimed that the ones making good dough outside of the UFC all started out in the UFC. This will apparently blow your mind, but MMA fighters shouldn’t be more concerned with what the bloc of “It’s the UFC or nothin’” fans want them to do, and should instead be like every other employee on the planet, and seek employers where they will be best-compensated. I know, I know, mind-boggling. You can pretend that these non-UFC fighters are all lying about making more bank outside of the UFC than in it, but, I don’t think that challenges the veracity of their claims because guys like you never have any evidence to support your claims.

Were you among the geniuses who informed all of us what a colossal mistake Ngannou made by fleeing the UFC?

Please share all the things that Dana himself has done. Which guys have been there, behind the scenes, during his time who have financed his revolutionary ideas and schemes? The UFC never came close to matching the spectacle of Pride. Strikeforce delivered more exciting fights in an event-by-event comparison. In fact several of the Strikeforce fighters were noticeably more boring once they came to the UFC. The much-celebrated Ultimate Fighter series was a great idea at the beginning, but by the end of the first UFC retreads season, it became stale and a bit like every other dumb, contrived reality show.Then it went off the air completely as it was not only stale, but it became a show comprised of mostly regional fighters who were quickly forgotten. Contrast that with the rosters on the first few seasons.

One thing the Fertittas and Dana deserve absolute credit for is getting the UFC onto Spike and then broadcast channels. That was an accomplishment. Otherwise, most of the other things attributed to Dana were a result of the Fertittas providing the cash to hoard the best fighters and sink competing organizations. Had they not been able to hold onto Chuck, Tito, Randy, and a few others in Dana’s early days, we would not be talking about Dana today.

4 Likes

Yeah a lot of times fighting in the UFC presently is mostly for the cred or to say you did…

I said ‘well’ compensated. How many blows has Dana taken or given(not counting his wife) for this promotion? And I’m not talking about blow as in coke either😂 Most of these guys are literally putting their life and health on the line for this org. Many have definitely lost quality years off their lives. Imo they should be getting at least as much as Boxers… imo more.

Corey made that money because if his rank in the UFC. Would he make it if he started in Bellator? Who knows.

He was right to leave to make that money. Lots of guys who won’t be UFC champs and are ranked around 10-15 should’ve done the same.

Use the UFC to build yourself up and cash out somewhere else.

Again, Nemkov, Eblen, Moldavsky, Pico, A.J. McKee, and so on.

What is that as the percent of their total roster?

Anderson left to Bellator and was already making as much as Pitbull and Mckee. In fact, he made more than Nemkov did in their 1st meeting.

For a guy that can be champ he’s wasting his career outside the ufc for sure. Not many of those guys outside the UFC. For the other 99.9% of guys that simply can’t ever be a champion they should fight wherever they can make the most money and win more than they lose.

2 Likes

Why should MMA fighters be any different than everyone else who tries to find the employer under whom they will compensated best, and instead cater to the wishes of fans, who want them to fight for less, but compete for their favorite fight company?

1 Like

That’s not what I said at all. If you can be champ fight in the ufc and you’ll make the most. If you can’t be champ fight wherever you get paid the most.

1 Like