Corey Graves retiring from commentary/wwe?

Surely he's trolling right?  No way hes truly done?

Holy shit. I'd heard about all the changes, but not this.

Why would he retire? He seemed to fight so hard to get into that spot / stay in wrestling after having to retire from the ring due to physical issues.

Maybe they overused him and he burned out too early?

That would suck if true. Not only because he's great but also because that probably means we're getting a huge dose of Renee on Mondays.

Could definitly see some overuse/burnout. Maybe just needs a few months break.

The Destroyer88 - 

That would suck if true. Not only because he's great but also because that probably means we're getting a huge dose of Renee on Mondays.

Word is that Cole is going exclusively to SD, Nigel is gonna be only on NXT, Vic Joseph is going from 205 Live to Raw, and Fox wants Rene for their FS1 after show.

All announce teams are also supposedly going to only two people.

whatever gets Renee out of the commentary booth gets a thumbs up from me.

Lol solid troll by Graves. Just checked his twitter.

Glad he's staying. 

He deserves an award for dealing with Shinsuke on commentary. Sheesh!!!!

"She's like a beautiful Lou Thesz"

Poop Doodle -

He deserves an award for dealing with Shinsuke on commentary. Sheesh!!!!

Haha, he was gold during that match. 

RKing85 - whatever gets Renee out of the commentary booth gets a thumbs up from me.

Fox basically demanded her for their show.

I suppose we'll see more Beth Phoenix on Raw?

AnthonyWeiner - 
RKing85 - whatever gets Renee out of the commentary booth gets a thumbs up from me.

Not if they're actually going to two-person teams like the rumor says. They'll actually have to drop a number of people - esp since 205 Live is going away.

As its, you have:

-Raw - Cole, Renee, Graves
-SD - Phillips, Saxton, Graves
-NXT - Mauro, Nigel, Beth
-205 Live - Joseph, English, Nigel

I won't count NXT UK for now.

Given what we know so far (if nothing changes), we'll have:

-Raw - Joseph, ??
-SD - Cole, ??
-SD after show - Renee, ??
-NXT - Nigel, ??
-205 Live - N/A

That leaves Graves, Phillips, Saxton, Mauro, Beth, English, and some dude they just called up to 205 Live to replace Nigel.

I'm assuming Mauro stays on NXT since he's play-by-play. If Fox does indeed was SD to be more sports themed, I'm betting they won't want (as much) as a snarky, heel guy like Graves, so he'll stay on Raw (plus it gives them someone with main card / live tv seniority / experience to go with Joseph).

I don't see Phillips or Saxton being that big of a deal. I doubt Fox wants to debut an announcer with no live tv / main card experience, so that would get rid of English and Beth. Maybe they make an exception with Beth to get another woman on there?

It'll definitely be interesting to see how it all plays out.

EDIT - just saw on WrestleTalk that Graves is apparently going to SD with Cole.

AnthonyWeiner - 

Why would Fox or anyone else demand Renee for anything??

Philanderer - 
AnthonyWeiner - 

Why would Fox or anyone else demand Renee for anything??

Did you watch Talking Smack? She's excellent in an interviewer role, absolutely dogshit on live commentary. There's a reason ESPN wanted to sign her, before WWE ponied up the dollars. Yes, she annoys the piss out of me on Raw. At the same time, she's hot as fuck and probably the best interviewer in the company.

If Fox wants to go the "real sport" route, they need the WWE's version of Erin Andrews. That's Renee Young.

AnthonyWeiner -

In the sports world, most color commentators are retired professional athletes who provide insights and facts drawn from past experiences and games played.  Beth Phoenix has been doing just that on NXT and occasionally on PPVs and she's just a pleasure to listen to. I think a Graves/Cole/Phoenix trio would have instant chemistry.

That said, I always said she would be a perfect replacement for Renée on RAW and I'm glad it might finally happen

Raw could use a new voice, and a 2 man only booth would be the way to go. Please get Renee the fuck outta there.