Cormier: Cain's cardio is mental, not physical

M Theory - 
DJmixmasterMobbie -
Kazp306 - Ever since I heard the story of how Cain got into the UFC I've been a lifelong fan. He's a scary motherfucker Phone Post 3.0

story?
X2 Phone Post 3.0

Cain was having a hard time getting fights in smaller orgs.  There was a story where his opponent saw him warming up on the mits/pads and freaked the fuck out and pulled out of the fight (the day of the fight).  Word was around the industry how tough/nasty Cain was and fighters would refuse to fight him. Bob Cook bugged the shit out of Joe and Dana about getting Cain a fight with some legit heavys.  The rest was history.

"“He told me that between the third and fourth round, walking back to his corner, he thought, ‘Well, I’m going to pass out.’ He literally thought he was going to faint right there, he was so exhausted,” Cormier said."

HOLY SHIT, WOW. If this is truly the case, Cain literally has the greatest poke face of all time. The guy looked completely fresh on the outside. This is blowing my mind...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_governor

I used to do this in cross country running. I even used to hold back my breathing so it would appear to anyone challenging for position that I wasn't as tired as them and people used to quit and drop back. I always felt like I was kind of cheating.

Lance Armstrong is a "dirty word" these days, but he knew he would thrive when the pace became a "suffer fest" for all. He knew THAT was the time to push even further to break others.

Of course both he and Cain are super mentally tough but no doubt they have the physical tools too to apply such strategies. It ain't all mental!

Big EP - 
M Theory - 
DJmixmasterMobbie -
Kazp306 - Ever since I heard the story of how Cain got into the UFC I've been a lifelong fan. He's a scary motherfucker Phone Post 3.0

story?
X2 Phone Post 3.0

Cain was having a hard time getting fights in smaller orgs.  There was a story where his opponent saw him warming up on the mits/pads and freaked the fuck out and pulled out of the fight (the day of the fight).  Word was around the industry how tough/nasty Cain was and fighters would refuse to fight him. Bob Cook bugged the shit out of Joe and Dana about getting Cain a fight with some legit heavys.  The rest was history.

This is not uncommon in the amateur ranks. I have had teammate's walk out to the ring, and their opponents walk right past it and out the door, with their corner in tow.

NakedCowboyOnMyRear - 
Buff Bagginz - 
thegoldenboy -
Buff Bagginz - Only Mexicans posses this type of Mental Control. The odds are against Werdum. Phone Post 3.0
Mexicans are tough as hell, don't get me wrong..but there's tougher Phone Post 3.0
Who exactly is tougher? This is something only Mexicans posses. Exactly why they are the only ones who can work the fields. Phone Post 3.0

working in fields = GOAT cardio

Future Featherweight Champ right here

People from the North Caucasus are definitely tougher than Mexicans, Khabib comes from Dagestan which is right next to Chechnya. Read this article of Chechens fighting against US Special Forces...pretty fucking badass for a US soldier to compliment an enemy like that.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/secret-battles-us-forces-chechen-terrorists/story?id=22580688