Cormier: It's about the title, not beating Jones

Spinning Shit - 
Submissable - It's should never be about the belt completely. It's about being the best. This mentality is what delayed May vs Paq and many other fights. Do you wanna know how good you are? Do you want to know how you stack up against your equal? If you can dig for that little extra to beat someone with more skill than you? Fuck the belt. The belt goes on your mantel to look at. What do you see in the mirror? Phone Post 3.0
I think that his logic is that "I can only fight the people who are available". Jon Jones isn't his white whale, he wants to be champion.

It's why Lawler isn't complaining about GSP being gone, you strive to be the Champion and can only beat the people that stand between you and that goal. Phone Post 3.0

you think lawler would feel like the champ if gsp had recently whooped his ass?

AndyWangPainTrain - No matter what, it's Jon's own doing that got his title taken away. Being the best means being the best in and out of the sport, and he obviously can't do one of those things, so the title having "no legitimacy" is bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

lol. well if we this route and start taking other things into account that have nothing to do with competing in a fight then we are going to have to redo all the randkings.

we gotta rank them according to who they are outside the cage as well. we need to remove rumble from the title fight and replace him with bader. rumble has had domestic charges filed on him and bader is clean. badder is better out of the sport so lets rank him up.

SQUEEZIE -
Spinning Shit - 
Submissable - It's should never be about the belt completely. It's about being the best. This mentality is what delayed May vs Paq and many other fights. Do you wanna know how good you are? Do you want to know how you stack up against your equal? If you can dig for that little extra to beat someone with more skill than you? Fuck the belt. The belt goes on your mantel to look at. What do you see in the mirror? Phone Post 3.0
I think that his logic is that "I can only fight the people who are available". Jon Jones isn't his white whale, he wants to be champion.

It's why Lawler isn't complaining about GSP being gone, you strive to be the Champion and can only beat the people that stand between you and that goal. Phone Post 3.0

you think lawler would feel like the champ if gsp had recently whooped his ass?

You mean, do I think that Hendricks believed he was the champ when he had the belt? Yes. Phone Post 3.0

Oontyex -
Spinning Shit -

This Phone Post 3.0
With this mentality he will never keep the belt. Jon had the right mentality he wanted to know he was the best by testing himself against the very best. The belt comes along with it but he will never attain it because he has the wrong mindset. It's like he's already admitted he will never beat jones. Therefore he will never be the best because jones is coming back. Everyone else is just keeping his belt warm. Phone Post 3.0

JerodR - Just means it is about the money. Rumble wants to beat Jones to win the belt because he wants that sense of pride and accomplishment. DC just wants to say he held the belt regardless of being the best. For that reason I would like to see Rumble win.
And that is the reason rumble will win! He has a champion mindset. DC is already defeated even if he won the belt... jones will be coming and he already stole his soul. Phone Post 3.0

Submissable - 
dipsheet -
Submissable - It's should never be about the belt completely. It's about being the best. This mentality is what delayed May vs Paq and many other fights. Do you wanna know how good you are? Do you want to know how you stack up against your equal? If you can dig for that little extra to beat someone with more skill than you? Fuck the belt. The belt goes on your mantel to look at. What do you see in the mirror? Phone Post 3.0

photo angry-dwight_zpsia5syexp.gif
Does my post come off angry or something?

And why are some of you ignoring the first thing I said. Obviously the belt is an important accomplishment and symbol. But what happened to the guys who got into it to be the best? This isn't GSP retiring. This is someone being stripped and suspended and the #2 feeling he doesn't care as long as media calls him the champ for a year till Jones comes back and takes it. Congrats, it really is a big accomplishment and a story to be able to relive throughout your life. But what happened to "I can lick any man in this bar" (although it's ironic I use that line since its originator ducked black fighters). Maybe I have the wrong idea of what fighters should be like and it's even more of a business than a testing ground anymore and growing in that direction more everyday. That's fine but I don't have to like it. My favorite fighters will never be the ones who are only in it for the gold and not to beat the best. Fortunately there are still some of those warriors out there who do want to see who's the best on earth at their weight. I just wish those that didn't wouldn't own up to it. At least keep the facade going like the BS pre fight trash talk. My .02 Phone Post 3.0

To the contrary, friend. That needs to be a pregame locker room speech.
I couldn't find Belushi's "It's not over!!" from "Animal House". That would have been better.

whatever man, it's just a setup for the fucking huge rematch if DC beats AJ. And that would be a huge fight with the proper buildup