Cormier Missing Weight at the Olympics

As this forum essentially collapses under the weight of fake outrage if someone misses weight on TUF or a UFC undercard..

Wikipedia mentions Daniel Cormier missed weight for kidney failure. Was that the reason he missed weight or a result of him being unprepared for the weight cut?

If the latter, is that literally the worst weight miss in the history of weight cutting by someone related to MMA?

Please advise.

ironyuppie - As this forum essentially collapses under the weight of fake outrage if someone misses weight on TUF or a UFC undercard..

Wikipedia mentions Daniel Cormier missed weight for kidney failure. Was that the reason he missed weight or a result of him being unprepared for the weight cut?

If the latter, is that literally the worst weight miss in the history of weight cutting by someone related to MMA?

Please advise.
Lew Polly came in 32lbs overweight in WSOF. Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
ironyuppie - As this forum essentially collapses under the weight of fake outrage if someone misses weight on TUF or a UFC undercard..

Please advise.

I'd rather miss weight for the WSOF than the Olympics, which ended his wrestling career. You could fight again in WSOF within a couple months. The Olympics, best case is another 4 years.

And from what I understand, Cormier actually made the weight, then had kidney failure. Phone Post 3.0

AFAIK he made the weight, but later ended up in hospital. Don't know what happened there and how he managed to screw up in Beijing.

I recently read this too.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/02/for-daniel-cormier-ufc-170-weigh-in-may-bring-overwhelming-sadness

He is at 217 right now. I think he can make weight.

http://distilleryimage0.ak.instagram.com/639e35fc98df11e38936125381345354_8.jpg

Interesting to see Pat Cummins chalk it up to mental weakness.

He didn't miss weight. nice try, though

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -

Please advise.

I'd rather miss weight for the WSOF than the Olympics, which ended his wrestling career. You could fight again in WSOF within a couple months. The Olympics, best case is another 4 years.
Okay? You asked if it were the worst weight miss in history. I said no, and told you what was. So what are you talking about? Phone Post 3.0

Elias Cepeda,

So, he failed to compete because he did a shitty job of cutting weight.

Or is your statement was that he properly prepared and it was just a coincidence that his kidneys failed.

You asked if it was the worst weight miss in history. It wasn't a weight miss. You asked to be advised. Consider yourself advised.

Whether or not he did it the healthy way is an old discussion. He has spoken dozens of times publicly about that. Check out the new Shoot Media video for info on how he's more healthfully dropped weight this time out. 

He did an excellent job of cutting weight. "cutting weight" is just dumb and unhealthy. Now, he's losing weight in a more healthy way and not cutting back on water so much. It's pretty much what most well educated fighters are doing these days.

He hurt himself, for sure, the way he used to do things. But he always made weight. As such, the whole cute premise of your original post is incorrect. 

I once missed weight at a junior high jv duel meet with the retarded school down the road.

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -

Please advise.

Okay? You asked if it were the worst weight miss in history. I said no, and told you what was. So what are you talking about? Phone Post 3.0

First off, I didn't ask anything. The OP did. Second, you went with your own definition of "worse," assuming he meant it in number of pounds missed. You may be right that is what the OP was referring to, but I doubt it as DC actually did not miss the weight, so he was off by "zero" pounds and thus every single fighter in the history of MMA has missed worse by 'your' definition. I think the OP was referring to what was lost and the importance of the event.

Elias Cepeda -

He didn't miss weight. nice try, though

LOL@ this failed thread!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0