Cormier Predicts Jon Jones Won’t Win Heavyweight Title

Jones got gifted decisions against a recent string of journeymen LHW’s he faced and now he’s going to beat Ngannou, Gane or even Stipe being older and looking like shit as a HW?

I seriously doubt it.

3 Likes

How much weight would he have to gain anyway? I’m assuming he cut to make 205.

The fat guy who got smoked out cold by middleweights? What does a club fighter like that have to do with this subject?

oooooooo…this shall be fun…

oh snap

Yup. Pure ignorance.

2 Likes

I agree. I can’t see his usual distance management working against massive strong guys who can reach him and he hasn’t hellbowed anyone since Hamill.

2 Likes

Yes his distance management wont be a huge advantage at HWT, I could be wrong now with big guys like Francis and gane but Jones at LHWT had more reach advantage than any of the heavyweights at the time (forget how many years ago they mentioned that)

Will be interesting to see him get cracked, francis is a different beast for anyone but Jones has been hit many times but his chin was solid, I dont recall him ever being truly rocked? Other than Francis his chin might hold up just fine

2 Likes

Weight cuts hurt DC. Totally different styles, also.

I think a 34 year old DC against Jones not on steroids and DC fucks him up.

Time is undefeated.

I think Jones could beat Francis. Stipe and Gane are much better fighters especially since Jones doesn’t have ko power.

Frances without his nuke is a very mediocre fighter.

Jones has a great, great chin and is extremely cerebral. Id love to see him go nite nite but Id put money on Jon in that one.

1 Like

Logic vs emotion lol, the internet in a single exchange

Would love it if Jones won the belt and DC had to do the in-cage interview.
We all know Jones is a scumbag, but every time DC talks about Jones, he sounds like a bitter ex-girlfriend.

He’s still the best fighter I’ve seen in the UFC to this day, dude needs to get back in the cage, the true goat

HIs speed will kill all of them

1 Like

No peds for the first time and the long lay off will hurt bad.

Fighting guys his own size will be a new challenge.

He has a great fight iq but I feel he is a mental midget who will wilt when he realises he doesn’t have the same massive advantages at heavyweight.

2 Likes

Jon jones lives RENT FREE inside DC’s head

I think Jones would have done a lot better at heavyweight if he stayed a light heavyweight. He would have agility, speed and stamina over heavyweight and still enough strength to hold his own. But he gained weight losing all that, yet he does not have more power than Francis or Cyril

Which is exactly what Jones has been waiting for.

1 Like

Based on what?

What killer puncher has really hit him clean??

1 Like

He has faced elite level competition for over a decade and has never been knocked down…his chin is solid.

With that said, people who think he’s going to have an easy time at HW are delusional.

1 Like