Cormier says Fedor Emelianenko would've been 'average at best' in the UFC during late 2000s

Yeah, Fedor switched from combining his striking and his grappling, which is what gave him so much success, to being almost a pure striker. The Fedor who put together strikes into throws against Mino and Mirko was a thing of beauty to watch.

Regarding Yoel’s age and cardio, I think his wrestling–and Cormier’s–is so far beyond probably 99% of their opponents that they’d actually use less cardio when utilizing it. It’s not like someone with decent wrestling who still has to struggle against some guys to get a takedown–at their level, they could and should be getting takedowns at will.

4 Likes

Maia also had his moment of wanting to be a striker. It was only after he went back to his grappling roots that he became a contender.

2 Likes

Yeah can’t argue there, great analysis brother!

Reminds of me of Mike Tyson going from being the great defensive fighter to slugger later in his career.

Seems to me there was a night and day difference.

I still am not sure if Lewis or Holyfield beat prime Tyson

1 Like

Fuck DC opinion. Lol but he’s a good dude. He wasn’t around to see Fedors prime

2 Likes

4 Likes

Fedor still has quick hands at 45yo, just finished a giant jhonson

3 Likes

Man that was a beautiful KO my friends!!

5 Likes

Daniel should have listened to Khabib. Khabib tried to tell Daniel many times. Be humble. Or be humbled in front of God.

1 Like

Wow hate to see DC go full cuck mode. Fedor isn’t even top 5 HW all time let alone all of MMA

1 Like

But you know better than the majority of ppl, DC, and Big John.

Ignorance must be nice.

1 Like

Blasphemy!

2 Likes

When a random dork on the internet is a bigger expert than the experts lol.

I’ve slapped my Grandma for saying less.

4 Likes

Lol that’s a padded ass record (post prime for half of them).

That’s like Tito Ortiz walking around with Chuck as a notable win

You think Fedor was in his prime? for your comment in parenthesis

Ok then add on, Sylvia, Herring, Randleman, Schilt, Arona, Rogers, Fujita, second wins over Nog, Coleman.
All top 10 guys when he fought them.

Hilarious. I don’t see how anyone could have watched him fight and feel this way.

2 Likes

I want to see your top five HW list.

2 Likes