Cormier staying at HW, wants Frank Mir on FOX

Source: Daniel Cormier staying at heavyweight, wants Frank Mir on FOX

That would be a badass fight. I would love to see Mir vs. Cormier on FOX. I would also love to see Cormier against Jones, but I'm gueesing Cormier would have a hard time making 205, and him staying at HW proves it to certain point.

Cormier vs. Velasquez in 2013?

Cant wait to see cormier debut at ANY weight

hopefully mir accepts

If I'm not mistaken, Mir wanted the figth Cormier in his UFC debut

They were going to fight in Stirkeforce but Mir got injured.

"injured", aka he heard strikefarce was donezo

yellow's Tap In - "injured", aka he heard strikefarce was donezo

haha yup

Personally not excited for this fight. I see no way Mir will be able to take this fight. Cormier has shown to have decent stand up, and he dictates where the fight takes place. Mir can't take him down and use his ground game where he has the advantage. Very surprised Mir wants this fight to be honest.

JerodR - Personally not excited for this fight. I see no way Mir will be able to take this fight. Cormier has shown to have decent stand up, and he dictates where the fight takes place. Mir can't take him down and use his ground game where he has the advantage. Very surprised Mir wants this fight to be honest.

Don't under estimate Mir, I though Nelson was going to explode his chin, and he beat him. While Cormier has the skill set to beat anybody, Mir is a skill veteran with one of the best BJJ in MMA.

he'll probably debut at HW but I doubt he's gonna stay there because after Mir there's no other good fights for him unless he's willing to fight Cain.

If he's not willing to fight cain zuffa is not gonna risk contenders being picked off by him.

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee - SO GLAD HE'S STAYING AT HW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mir will eat another one of those hammerfists from Cormier Phone Post

is it just me, or does Cormier have been cardio than Cain???

Watching those gif's reminded me of the high pace of that fight, and Cormier never slow down even though he had a broken hand

lol the "cain has shit cardio" arguement amazes me

HandyDarsh -

lol the "cain has shit cardio" arguement amazes me

What? Phone Post

Grimreapers - 

is it just me, or does Cormier have been cardio than Cain???

Watching those gif's reminded me of the high pace of that fight, and Cormier never slow down even though he had a broken hand

and so why risk a drop to LHW? all the pieces are in place so i say let him roll at HW until somebody stops him

Forrest Spliffn - 
LEKS - Can't wait till this hype train gets derailed..... Phone Post

Lol. Son ran thru the strikeforce gp out of no where.

He is top two heavies in the world. Likely number 1.

Only beasts smash big foot and dominate Barnett.

Mir will get crunched and there is only a small handful of fighters that will even give DC a run at this point.

Even Cain is unlikely to crowd and out wrestle the guy. He would have to stand and trade shots. I'd have to give DC the definitive edge in this scenario.

Calling the dude "hype" at this point is trollish. Phone Post

trollish or just plain ignorant...

DoomFarmer - Unfortunate as he would be the man with the tools to beat Jones at LHW.

In B4 the typical Jones defense league goons come in and get offended.

Lol you just got 10 vote downs for suggesting Jones can lose.

UG should be renamed the Jones Ground! Phone Post