Cormier won that 50-45

Op, Cormier won that fight, but not 50-45. You need to rewatch. Phone Post 3.0

Taking a point for a knockdown is obviously not required. 9 out of 10 knockdowns in mma, don't result in a point loss. Unfortunately in mma, you have to either be deducted by the ref, or almost be killed to lose a point. Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Taking a point for a knockdown is obviously not required. 9 out of 10 knockdowns in mma, don't result in a point loss. Unfortunately in mma, you have to either be deducted by the ref, or almost be killed to lose a point. Phone Post 3.0

No. You will only "lose" a point for a penalty.

Otherwise, the judges can score 10-10, 10-9, 10-8, or 10-7.

mada - 
Brabatross - I'd score the 3rd round 10-10, so 50-46 Cormier.

Technically would be 9-9. Cormier would have won 10-9 and the knockdown takes away a point from him. So much arguing on here about scoring and most don't even know how the scoring system works. So 48-46 imo

Member since 2001.... Really?

i had it 2-2(1/4 DC 2/3 Gus) or 3-1 DC going into the fifth. close round was 4 and 3 depends on your preference DC did a lot of work but Gus almost finished the fight. had DC winning the close fight at the end of the fifth but wouldn't have been surprise if the judges were confused as i was and had a split for Gus

2-2 going into the last.

Cormier won the 5th clearly.

What are the fightmetrics?

wiggum -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Taking a point for a knockdown is obviously not required. 9 out of 10 knockdowns in mma, don't result in a point loss. Unfortunately in mma, you have to either be deducted by the ref, or almost be killed to lose a point. Phone Post 3.0

No. You will only "lose" a point for a penalty.

Otherwise, the judges can score 10-10, 10-9, 10-8, or 10-7.
Yeah, but if you're on the losing end of a 10-8 round, you "lost" a point, either from a deduction, or damage. Phone Post 3.0

Brabatross -
mada - 

Technically would be 9-9. Cormier would have won 10-9 and the knockdown takes away a point from him. So much arguing on here about scoring and most don't even know how the scoring system works. So 48-46 imo

Well he did kind of admit that he was a little ignorant on this subject, I can absolutely respect that. Plus, in boxing it's the normal to lose a point, if you're knock Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
Brabatross -
mada - 

Well he did kind of admit that he was a little ignorant on this subject, I can absolutely respect that. Plus, in boxing it's the normal to lose a point, if you're knock Phone Post 3.0
My phone just posted this shit, in the middle of me typing. I ment to say.

Well he did kind of admit that he was a little ignorant on this subject, I can absolutely respect that. Plus, in boxing it's the normal to lose a point, if you're knocked down. It's not 100% of the time, but it's more than common. Phone Post 3.0

wiggum - 
mada - 

Are you serious or joking with that correction?

1ers gonna 1.

Didn't seem like Cormier landed or did much in the final three rounds. I was glad he won but it was close Phone Post 3.0

ranier wolfcastle - 

watchin in slo mo now

dc 1

dc 2

gus 3

arguements could be made for either guy to win r 2 and 3. i'll be back later with my asessment of 4 and 5

r4 gus

r5 dc

if anyone gave 4 to dc, its cuz he finished strong in the last  30 seconds and gus was bloody. not enough imo.

mada - lol let me save everyone else from having to comment. I was dead wrong. I am an idiot for not knowing they quit using the boxing 10 point must system when the unified rules went into place. It's all even worse since I've been watching and participating in mma and jujitsu for 20 years. But that's why I post here, to learn something new and I still do all the time. Thanks again to the guys who cleared everything up for me.

VU. No matter how long I've been in this Sport, I learn from this place as well.

Broe, do you even trane judging? Phone Post 3.0

I had it 49-46 cormier Phone Post 3.0