Cornell University Wrestling Warm Up/Conditioning

This is why wrestling is the best base for MMA

ttt

m.g as a mud you can post youtubes now 

If this is to develop mental toughness, ok maybe.

if this is their idea of better conditioning they are behind the times.

Piratenbum -

Mental toughness and conditioning go hand in hand.   My wife ran 2 marathons without training for more than a couple of weeks and finished in the same time as many conditioned athletes.   She said the trick is to not stop running.  That is serious mental toughness.  

Seriuos question, how and why are the more modern conditioning techniques better than this?  

Hey Beer Man -
Piratenbum -

Mental toughness and conditioning go hand in hand.   My wife ran 2 marathons without training for more than a couple of weeks and finished in the same time as many conditioned athletes.   She said the trick is to not stop running.  That is serious mental toughness.  

Seriuos question, how and why are the more modern conditioning techniques better than this?  

Every athlete is different. Everyone has their particular strength and weaknesses.

some are naturally strong some are weak.

some have bigger gas tanks, some don’t.

assesing each athletes strengths and weaknesses and prescribing the appropriate methods to improve those traits that need improving seem smart to me.

i could be wrong. I’m certainly no expert. I’m sure they all get some benefit from that type of approach, although I doubtful it’s the most effective way for all to become better wrestlers/athletes.

Piratenbum,

Sorry my friend, but you don’t know what you’re talking about. This method has proven itself on the mat. If you knew anything about Coach Rob Koll and the Cornell Wrestling program you wouldn’t question his training methods.

In fact, before you say another word or do anything, why don’t you do some research on coach Rob and his wrestling program at Cornell!

Got tired just watching.

They didn't even do shrimping 

m.g - Piratenbum,

Sorry my friend, but you don’t know what you’re talking about. This method has proven itself on the mat. If you knew anything about Coach Rob Koll and the Cornell Wrestling program you wouldn’t question his training methods.

In fact, before you say another word or do anything, why don’t you do some research on coach Rob and his wrestling program at Cornell!

That a place is good or produces excellent competitors doesn’t mean that all of their training methods are completely optimal.

PointyShinyBurn -
m.g - Piratenbum,

That a place is good or produces excellent competitors doesn’t mean that all of their training methods are completely optimal.

Yep. 

PointyShinyBurn - 
m.g - Piratenbum,

Particularly true when considering collegiate athletes are pre-selected for success from high school.

If it produces results, then it’s effective.

They also have better cardio/endurance than 90% of MMA fighters.

Soul Gravy - If it produces results, then it's effective.

They also have better cardio/endurance than 90% of MMA fighters.

Yep!

m.g.

weren’t you the guy that said that conditioning didn’t work. that all you had to do was play your sport?

tapnasporsnabro,

Don’t be a moron.

I didn’t say conditioning didn’t work. I said strength and conditioning exercises that are not specific to your sport of choice will not help you for your sport.

ALL of the conditioning exercises in this video are relevant to wrestling (in fact, Rob Koll, the coach of the Cornell Wrestling team who is in this video, makes that point in his wrestling conditioning video produced by championshipsportonline).

You’re stupid!

tapnasporsnabro,

Okay… you’re not stupid… but you are mentally slow…

Grabs popcorn......

here we go again!

Here’s the link to Coach Rob Koll’s conditioning for wrestlers video.