Cornette and BG James Fired

TNAWrestlingNews.com has confirmed that TNA has released BG James. Most remember him as "Road Dogg" from DX. James had been working as an agent. BG is accepting independent bookings through David Herro at DavidHerro@aol.com.

Also according to TNAWrestlingNews.com, TNA has also severed ties with former manager Jim Cornette.

what the fuck

well Cornette is stuck in the 80's so smart move there. And TNA relly doesn't need an agent if all they want to do is go after wwe washouts and indy trash.

now that cornette is gone, I wonder if they will bring in Heyman ??

According to sources, TNA's recent releases of Jim Cornette, Brian James, Savio Vega, and Dutch Mantel were all done as part of a larger plan to eliminate those in the company who were closest to Jeff Jarrett.

-ewrestlingnews.com

all they gotta do next is fire Russo and Hire Heyman and the product instantly gets 1000 times better.

Slapnutz - all they gotta do next is fire Russo and Hire Heyman and the product instantly gets 1000 times better.

I didn't have problems with Jarrett as a wrestler but he had to much power in booking and lined up all his friends with jobs.

Heyman would be an improvement.

xcouturefan - According to sources, TNA's recent releases of Jim Cornette, Brian James, Savio Vega, and Dutch Mantel were all done as part of a larger plan to eliminate those in the company who were closest to Jeff Jarrett.

-ewrestlingnews.com

Nothing against Cornette, but jarretts influence has to go

This is a good move for TNA.

Could clear the way for some new people. Jarrett hired on people who were old and just happy to be "in" with a person in power and getting a paycheck.

According to a report on The Sun website, Jim Cornette's contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling was terminated after throwing one temper tantrum too many. Reportedly, he caused a major scene at the most recent iMPACT! television taping during an argument with head writer Vince Russo.

Cornette directed his anger toward the former WCW World Heavyweight Champion during a production meeting calling for more focus on Eric Young on television.

"Everyone was in a production meeting with Russo running down the show, but Cornette went nuts screaming 'why are we pushing Eric Young?'," according to The Sun's source. "Russo reacted calmly and said it wasn't a big deal, but Cornette wouldn't let it go and kept screaming about it, really causing a scene. He just wouldn't stop. Even after the meeting broke, Cornette was walking around complaining to everyone who would listen."

A few concerned co-workers went to management to voice their displeasure over their belief that Cornette had been acting unprofessionally. Apparently, this was "his latest refusal to be a pro," so the organization decided to release him from his contract.

Similarly, Cornette was released by World Wrestling Entertainment in July 2005 after slapping current WWE star Santino Marella for breaking character and laughing at The Boogeyman during a live Ohio Valley Wrestling show.

"This wasn't politics or anything to do with Jeff. It was purely a decision prompted by the same behaviour that got Jim fired in WWE," the source said.

What a fucking mess.

So basically, this appears to give Russo even more power and control.  He should not be head booker to begin with.

Whatever, I'm just going to fall asleep at 9:08 tonight anyway when it's on.

I honestly doubt that anything will noticeably change on the show, anyway.  The presentation is going to still be a jumbled mess, the storylines will still be retarded, and there will still be a boatload of logic gaps, and it will still be painful to watch.

They need to overhaul the actual production of the show and make it better if they want to start somewhere.

and most importantly, the ring will still have six sides.

-ArtV

How does that effect the actual wrestling or promo's being cut?

I wouldn't call that the most important criticism of TNA.

ArtV -  partisan politics

+1

dick tuck

Make a thread to get a circle jerk bashing the president and doing nothing but talking about partisan politics and +1ing people (though you only get votes per day)

lies

dicktuck

lame

angry

America is fucked (at least I hope so)

bitter

dicktuck

dicktuck

Same tired shit over and over

Voted sideways

will we BG join hunter and shawn as a returning Roaddogg in DX ???

Slapnutz - will we BG join hunter and shawn as a returning Roaddogg in DX ???

I wouldn't be surprised to see this. Even if it's only for a short while.

TNAWrestlingNews.com is reporting that TNA Wrestling has rehired Pat Kenney (aka Simon Diamond) and D'Lo Brown as backstage agents. Both men had served as agents in the past for TNA. They are both expected to start at this Sunday's "No Surrender" PPV in Orlando.

TNA cut B.G. James and Jim Cornette just a few days ago and both had been previously serving as agents in the company.

lol.....that's like a downgrade

WaltJ - lol.....that's like a downgrade

I disagree.

If Cornette is whining backstage and playing "politics", he needed to go.

If anything I hope this clearing of house sets up Heyman coming in.

Well, let's hope so, because having Cornette there in his former capacity wasn't improving anything, so maybe someone else can.

He has a point about Eric Young, but sometimes you have to take that chance and push someone to the next level.  I'm sure people thought Vince was crazy when he wanted to take a chance on "average" talents like Stone Cold Steve Austin, Mankind, or an unproven Rocky Maivia, but that ended up working out pretty well.