Corona virus and stroke? Washington Post...

Is Washington Post reputable? I just read a bit of an article that was shared on Facebook about younger/middle aged people with mild to no symptoms having strokes as a result of CV. It was the first I heard of it and I'm asking about it here because I have no clue if they are a reputable source or not.

I saw it was reported by business insider and cnn as well. Not sure what to make of it.

I would say it's more likely a dude just had a stroke, which actually happens every day believe it or not. 

This particular guy just so happened to also have covid-19. But yeah, I'm done chalking up all these random deaths from something else as OMG Corona caused it. This is the equivalent of a guy with Corona dying in a car crash and asking did Corona cause it. 

1 Like

I've seen it reported. The question is is it common or are these rare occasions that are being highlighted?

NoNeed4aScreenName -

I've seen it reported. The question is is it common or are these rare occasions that are being highlighted?

Good point

Floppy Divac -

Is Washington Post reputable? I just read a bit of an article that was shared on Facebook about younger/middle aged people with mild to no symptoms having strokes as a result of CV. It was the first I heard of it and I'm asking about it here because I have no clue if they are a reputable source or not.

Blood clotting is a potential risk with covid19.  This has been known and it is rare.  That Broadway star that lost his leg had blood clots and then complications.  

The media searches high and low to find some rare occurrence of a healthy person dying while also having covid19. 

It’s very rare, but it sells. And people buy it. 

*zips back up*

1 Like