Coronavirus found in air samples up to 13 feet

JessDogg -

Study was done in a covid care unit. Aka rooms where nothing but covid infected patients are. Yea I could see the virus being everywhere IN THE ROOM WHERE THEY HAVE TO STAY IN AND ONCE THEY LEAVE THE NEXT ONE TAKES IT’S SPOT....

No shit eh, fuck people are so stupid.

Piyo -
Yossarian -
Road Warrior Fin -

But it doesn't mean it can affect you at this distance - viral load matters.

I know this is a stupid question, but I have zero science background....

What exactly is viral load and why does it matter? I always thought if you were infected with something it multiplies in your cells anyway so regardless of how much you were in contact with you still either have it or not?

Is that not how viruses are? 

No. When the virus hits your body kicks off an immune reaction pretty quickly. It becomes a race between virus and your body. How much you get hit with initially correlates with whether it takes hold at all and how bad the case is if it does take hold. 

Interesting. Thanks fren

Here’s a Corona riddle that I wonder about…there is evidence of Corona virus being really contagious and devastating nursing homes. I’m not disagreeing with that…but why did only 2 Utah jazz players test positive? Those guys share a locker room, touch each other daily and fly on a private jet…how the hell did only 2 of 16 players test positive?

1 Like
BigEyedFish -
Browny85 - 
BigEyedFish -

and yet the virus never saw a single case in beijing or any other major chinese mega hub

hmmm

I didnt vote you down, mate. But, they've had 500 cases and 8 deaths 

hmm I thought china said no cases there my mistake

500/8 is still BS tho 

#fuckchina 

Totally agree. Fuck those dirty cunts

I think it's safe to say if anyone is in the same building as the virus your all gonna get it .

Transporter - 

I think it's safe to say if anyone is in the same building as the virus your all gonna get it .

False

Transporter -

Hmm. That doesn’t seem right. I work in a big downtown office building that has definitely had cases, but nobody at my firm has knowingly had it. 

That is why it should be mandatory that everyone uses a mask.  A cheap cloth mask will greatly reduce the spread.

Transporter -

You didn't think that through did you? That would mean every single hospital worker would have it.