Cost for privates?

Hey guys. Does anyone know how much Shen charges for privates? I'm really interested in taking some privates with him. Not in grappling though, in cooking. For those who don't know, Shen worked at the very prestigious "Chez Mimi" as a sous chef under Steven Gomberg and Renee Flannery. Moreover, he was a champion flapjack flipper. Besides the cost per private, I'd also like to know if I would be required to wear an apron. I was told that wearing the apron would make me more "technical" and thus my dishes would end up more delicious.

fail.

C'mon Jorx. Flapjacks! That's funny shit.

Flapjacks? They are called pancakes. Renaming things does not mean you invented them.

^
Yeah, but calling them flapjacks DOES make them sound more delicious.

Pancakes = booooring
Flapjacks = Hell yeah, I want some flapjacks.

wrong forum

tjmitch - Flapjacks? They are called pancakes. Renaming things does not mean you invented them.

lol

Flapjack mix + whey protein + BCAAs = Longer rolling time

tjmitch - Flapjacks? They are called pancakes. Renaming things does not mean you invented them.

FTW

This post is why we need a COOKING FORUM!!!!

If you're lucky Master Shen will teach you his world famous recipe of: The "Rubber" Grilled Chicken with a side of world famous "Twister" rice...

imo

I have an online video distance learning program you might be interested in...

My online ranking is not for dudes that just watch tapes and don't actually cook. But I do see how people could get the wrong idea. "Online Anything" always sounds fishy.

The Shen Culinary Affiliate Online Ranking System is for shen affiliates that don't have a 2-star Chef to mentor them. Most of my affiliate instructors are cold side chefs or sauciers.

Once a student is approved for evaluation by his chef, he then has to submit 15 five minute videos of him cooking and doing prep work. Once all 15 videos are approved by the the Shen Culinary Council, he gets his blue apron. But he can't submit any videos for evaluation unless his head chef thinks he's ready for promotion.

My online ranking is also for people that don't live anywhere near a Shen Culinary Affiliate, and are stuck cooking at a burger joint or greasy spoon because they have no other choice.

These are the people at traditional restaurants and cooking clubs that buy my books and dvds. You know them, the Hybrid-cusine outcasts that can't wait to jump ship as soon as a local Shen Culinary Affiliate pops up in their town.

This is for them.

There is no way anyone is gonna get ranked by just watching videos and cooking in their kitchen with their sister, that's not what this is all about :)

shen - I have an online video distance learning program you might be interested in...

My online ranking is not for dudes that just watch tapes and don't actually cook. But I do see how people could get the wrong idea. "Online Anything" always sounds fishy.

The Shen Culinary Affiliate Online Ranking System is for shen affiliates that don't have a 2-star Chef to mentor them. Most of my affiliate instructors are cold side chefs or saucee, etc.

Once a student is approved for evaluation by his chef, he then has to submit 15 five minute videos of him cooking and doing prep work. Once all 15 videos are approved by the the Shen Culinary Council, he gets his blue apron. But he can't submit any videos for evaluation unless his head chef thinks he's ready for promotion.

My online ranking is also for people that don't live anywhere near a Shen Culinary Affiliate, and are stuck cooking at a burger joint or greasy spoon because they have no other choice.

These are the people at traditional restaurants and cooking clubs that buy my books and dvds. You know them, the Hybrid-cusine outcasts that can't wait to jump ship as soon as a local Shen Culinary Affiliate pops up in their town.

This is for them.

There is no way anyone is gonna get ranked by just watching videos and cooking in their kitchen with their sister, that's not what this is all about :)

y f with the bull, you get the horns

shen is starting to grow on me

lol, shen saved this thread!

shen - I have an online video distance learning program you might be interested in...

The Shen Culinary Affiliate Online Ranking System is for shen affiliates that don't have a 2-star Chef to mentor them. Most of my affiliate instructors are cold side chefs or sauciers.

This is for them.

LOL

RedEyeBJJ - This post is why we need a COOKING FORUM!!!!

food and wine forum

this thread has backfired

if you learned anything from eddie you should have learned you can't beat someone at their own game LOL

shen- 1

louis ho- 0

No man, I love it. Hilarious! I'm starting to warm up to Shen.

Shen is the fucking man. Recognize!