Costa Philippou vs. Uriah Hall (video)

Good fight, Costa looked real good in the fight that got him into the ufc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Uw5FHQxDM

TTT

Hall is an athlete, not a fighter.

Ttt Phone Post

Thanks n Phone Post 3.0

ranier wolfcastle - 

Thanks man voted up

how is a 29-29 score even possible? lol

Subd 4 later Phone Post 3.0

Damn, a lot of fouls from both guys haha although I didn't find either guy looked great.

I hope Costa has kids already because that dude has been kicked in the balls so many times they probably don't work anymore.

TTT

whats that pink thing on his chest?

Sub Phone Post

ha, i'm all over that video. literally, you can see me right outside the cage for much of it.

subbed Phone Post 3.0

I hadn't seen this, had searched for it before and come up short.... a guy in another thread said that Costa "rolled" him. Well, he didn't, it was a close fight. Hall one that final round, first two he was just too inactive and was too eager to backup (as Slack pointed out, straight back, chin up). 

I'd like to see this again.

Well, nobody said how bad the commentating sucked, so I'll confess.  That was me and Gian Villante calling the fight.

Willy the Coyote - 

The only problem I had was you two trying to build it up so much. The fight was okay, but a comparison to Wand/Chuck was silly. Phone Post

There was a context to that fight that most don't realize. Costa and Uriah were two of the best at that point (I think Weidman had gone up to the UFC by then), and no one else in the NY/NJ scene were on their level. So this was a highly-anticipated battle between top dogs - something that doesn't always happen in minor league MMA.

siouxNYC - 
Willy the Coyote - 

The only problem I had was you two trying to build it up so much. The fight was okay, but a comparison to Wand/Chuck was silly. Phone Post

There was a context to that fight that most don't realize. Costa and Uriah were two of the best at that point (I think Weidman had gone up to the UFC by then), and no one else in the NY/NJ scene were on their level. So this was a highly-anticipated battle between top dogs - something that doesn't always happen in minor league MMA.

Agreed.  I didn't rewatch the whole thing so I'm not sure if I said that or Gian, but in the context of the NJ local pro scene, this was a huge fight, highly anticipated.

I find myself getting more excited for some of the local title fights than I do UFC title fights, even in the ammys.  You watch these guys fight a lot and so the fights take on much more meaning.  Always great to see them move on up into the big leagues.

Now if someone can only get a hold of a quality version of Weidman vs Hall....