Costa says he was hungover in fight vs Izzy

what an ass. he should be fired. 

1 Like

Borrachino is literally “drunky” right?

1 Like
BJ Penn Forever -

Does anyone remember the old "Brazilian worm" excuse for losing a fight?

Years ago when Brazilian fighters would provide reasons they lost a fight some sort of illness like a virus would often be cited. One fighter (I think a PRIDE fighter) said he had a stomach worm of some sort leading into a big fight and after that every time a Brazilian would go on and on in post-fight interviews as to why they lost... people would comment, ahhh... "the old Brazilian worm" strikes again.

Brazilians do tend to provide more detailed lists of reasons they lose fight than their American/British/Russian opponents, broadly speaking.

I believe that was Vitor Belfort’s worm in the Joe Charles fight 

Not only did he look like shit in the fight, now he looks completely unprofessional. I get it, fighters to build their egos and remove the fact the the other guy was better. But excuses like this makes you look dumb. 

Fun to watch sad to listen

Not everyone can win using the Jon Jones gameplan

6 Likes

Then he's an idiot for drinking. 

1 Like

I love costa, but these excuses are ridiculous 

Edit love watching him fight atleast.  

hjr2 -

Add another page to the Big Book of Brazilian Excuses.

Hahahahaha

BJ Penn Forever -

Does anyone remember the old "Brazilian worm" excuse for losing a fight?

Years ago when Brazilian fighters would provide reasons they lost a fight some sort of illness like a virus would often be cited. One fighter (I think a PRIDE fighter) said he had a stomach worm of some sort leading into a big fight and after that every time a Brazilian would go on and on in post-fight interviews as to why they lost... people would comment, ahhh... "the old Brazilian worm" strikes again.

Brazilians do tend to provide more detailed lists of reasons they lose fight than their American/British/Russian opponents, broadly speaking.

Yeah I remember. This Costa situation reminded me of it. I realized we don’t have Brazilian guys doing this as often nowadays, and here we are... 

Even if he’s drinking to fall asleep, he has much bigger problems than losing a fight. Aside from that, you have to be able to beat a guy on your worst night. Nobody goes into the cage feeling 100 percent every time they compete. 

Besides, it didn’t really look like he was hungover to me. He didn’t look “too calm” as he explains it, he just looked lost and apprehensive. He looked like a guy who was out matched and when he realized it, he was done mentally. 

It seems like he’s lying though, because he also gives about 7 other excuses. He can’t make up his mind which tells me he just lost to the better guy and can’t accept it. 

2 Likes
kungfugrip -

Not only did he look like shit in the fight, now he looks completely unprofessional. I get it, fighters to build their egos and remove the fact the the other guy was better. But excuses like this makes you look dumb. 

It could also slow his growth as a person and fighter. He can’t get better if he can’t do something as simple as recognize what went wrong and fix it. If you don’t learn from your mistakes, then how could you possibly become a world champion? Hopefully he figures it out because he’s still pretty inexperienced. 

Of all the things he could have drank he chose wine. The one drink notorious for hangovers.  Dumb ass.

He should have at least had a few hair of the dogs.

1 Like
TeamRenzo - Does he think that makes him look better? The biggest fight of his life and he decides to show up hungover, Dana should cut this chump.

I don’t think it is smart to bother saying anything that is remotely close to an excuse, especially when he has a long story about it and most people aren’t going to read the whole thing. 

From what I read, he was saying that he used wine to try and get some sleep because he couldn’t sleep and needed to wake up at 5am to get ready for the fight. But a glass or two couldn’t do the job and before he knows it, he ended up drinking a whole bottle. 

so he wasn’t out partying the night before

I'm Adesanya fan so I really don’t want to hear his excuse and truly believe that either way Adesanya is just a better fighter.

If he didn't say it was wine I wouldn't believe him. Haha, but seriously. Fuck him.

1 Like

How many fighters don't sleep the night before a fight? 

Whatever, I’ve been hungover for pretty much every fight, Bjj match, etc. 

slaughteringyou -

Brazil......

This

No bushido.

Kinda makes sense tho... I mean he was face down ass up, getting thrusted doggy just like a drunken club bimbo at the end of the fight

2 Likes