Costa Won’t Sign Whittaker Bout Until He Gets Better Pay

I thought the same, no stalling, got broken hand, both traded a lot of power shots just somehow rockhold had a chin in that fight xD both were dead tired from altitude ?
And Vettori ? What was the last time Vettori had a entertaining fight?

And Ufc is cheap fucks

2 Likes

He probably needs to dye his hair pink and start smoking weed, thats what type of fans ufc wants

Lol if he gets 65k, so the new guys probably are paying just to be in ufc :joy:

2 Likes

Shilling is super duper lame

Crying about another man’s money is more lame. Specially when he makes more than us…

Idc about athletes and their money. I’m a fight fan. And I want to see fights

1 Like

This right here is exactly why college football and basketball are better than the pros. No money, no egos, no contracts, just kids playing the game and caring about it

1 Like

well that all changed after decades of them making billions and those kids getting brain damage for a “scholarship” they now have NIL deals so they can also make some money. I mean hey texas is only worth 1.2 billion no way some kid should destroy his knee for free so they can add more value.

it was the biggest bunch of bullshit those guys didn’t get paid or any of them.

you could go to USC on an art scholarship and paint a picture of a guy playing on the USC football team and sell it for a million dollars and not endanger your scholarship. what a bunch of bullshit.

meanwhile the kids on the team didnt even get money to cover the cost of a computer for class.

fuck the college system.

“We need to know how to take care of our stuff and the UFC contract is business,” Costa said. “I need to be aware of how it works so I don’t make a mistake, I need to make the most out of it. I have one fight left or the time clause. I believe that’s it, but I’m still talking to my lawyers. I’d really like if this Whittaker fight could happen, but it’s up to the UFC. There’s no contract yet, there’s nothing. I wish there was a contract up to par to the level of this fight.”

In his last outing, Costa (14-2) defeated former champion Luke Rockhold via unanimous decision, back in August. The victory snapped a two-fight losing streak for the 31-year-old, with losses to Marvin Vettori and Israel Adesanya, respectively in October 2021 and September 2020.

For now, Costa is still expected to take on Whittaker at UFC 284, in Perth, Australia, on February 12. The card is scheduled to be headlined by a superfight between the featherweight champion, Alexander Volkanovski and lightweight title-holder Islam Makhachev.

shit money gives shit fights you derper lol

3 Likes

Whitaker would beat the shit out of Costa.

I get it, a contract is a contract, and he signed on the dotted line. However, he has become a significantly larger presence since he has embraced his personality and gone all out with social media, interviews, etc. The guy is charismatic, funny, and fights like a demon. He should be making more money. He is a draw. Give him $100,000/$100,000. He is worth the investment and likely worth much more. I think his value is probably closer to $200,000/$200,000. Even more if he headlines. Keep him happy and he will continue to draw fans in. Plenty of guys are doing far less and making more money with less personality/promotion and attention paid to them. Case in point, Blaydes made $131,000/$131,000 earlier this year. He is a great fighter, but not necessarily fun/exciting in the same way as Costa.

1 Like

How much is he paid…theres no numbers in that article

Except now guys are transferring for the money. College football especially has shifted completely. Teams are having to plan out the NIL amounts to keep a roster intact. Players will leave not only due to lack of playing time, but also lack of NIL money. Schools can lure players with the promise of more NIL money. Unfortunately for UFC fighters, they cannot leave as long as Dana and Co. prevent them from leaving due to contract obligations. At least college players have the power to seek out a better option that will be more lucrative.

1 Like

This… Vegito_Blue knows this…unless hes been living under a rock for 2 years

fire your manager Paulo.

no money in college sports…

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

4 Likes

They sold the entire gate for the Australia card in minutes. The nosebleeds were over 400 bucks each

Gate alone has to be at least 9M

Give this guy at least 500k fuck sake

3 Likes

DQ3WOHlVwAA0q0y

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be the first time aussies got fucked on a card, Melbourne was supposed to get Robbie vs Condit and last minute things happened and we got a Joanna main event instead.

The crowd will be there for Whittaker he’s the selling point not Costa, if PaulI doesn’t want the fight put Strickland in there, seeing as khamzats not game and the winner gets Perriera.

He already did

Well, it always comes down to what other fighters make. That’s how we justify our pay in every profession. Getting older and wiser, I think 5 fights in 5 years for at most 70K a fight, with 50% to taxes, 10% to management, working out 2-3 times a day 5 days a week, paying premium to eat well, getting doctors help to juice like hell and mask it, and risking brain damage every time you show up at the office … he’d net more managing a Walmart, with a lot less effort, so I can understand how when you’ve reached the global pinnacle of your sport in an organization valued 10 billion, you’ll want to negotiate something that resembles the financial security you’d like when the short-lived career is over.

2 Likes