Cote fought well -- UGers are dumb

I'm not going to say Cote looked awful in there....but I honestly believe that Silva could have finished him whenever he felt like, and was basically carrying him for dramatic purposes.

i agree he fought well, but in his mind he fought GREAT which is too funny to even laugh at

this thread is a fail

"How can an educated MMA fan say that Anderson was goofing around?"

did you watch the fight?

he was goofing around. one small example was when cote was down on his back and silva was kicking his legs very very lightly for comic effect and then offered to help cote up?

when have you seen silva act like that? it was odd to say the least.

Cote fought aggressive and well, he's just outclassed by Silva (as it seems everyone @ 85 is). He fought his ass off to the best of his ability, and showed no fear of the scariest fighter on the planet.

Cote has got my respect.

I've heard the Octagon is slippery as hell, except on the logo's.

Disagree. Cote was not the aggressor

Infact thats why his gameplan was successfull. Anderson likes people to come after him so he can counter

The Leben fight is a perfect example. When Leben got hit hard the first time by Silva. He did not back away at all. Instead he kept going after him and got hit over and over again and finished

Cote was doing none of that. He moved in and threw a strike and moved back out. Even when Anderson hit him hard. He did not try to retaliate and go after him. He stayed calm and stepped out of range

It was a good gameplan that was helped by Silvas passiveness. But Silva would have caught on to him and switched to something different and finished him before round 5

it's amusing to me that people accuse Cote of not being the aggressor...fact is he did better and lasted longer than anyone thought he would. He stuck to his game plan and didn't fall apart until his body literally fell apart. I think everyone should respect him for giving his all...I also think it may be questionable as to whether or not that same form of respect is due to Silva in this instance.

completely agree with the poster.

Silva was doing the stupid dancing and Rashad hand motions cause he was frustrated! That was very obvious. Cote fought a great fight and although I had Anderson winning, I honestly believe Cote was going to make a comeback and beat him in the later rounds.

The only reason I thought Cote was going win this fight, is because he's the guy that has absolutely no chance of winning. Anderson will not accept a rematch, mark my words.

Silva was putting on a show for the fans while taking Cote into deep water imo.

I think he respected Cote's power and that's why Pat wasn't able to land anything substantial. At all.

It was just a matter of time imo, Anderson was just wearing the kid down while taking no punishment and no risks of giving Cote an opportunity to land flush.

I don't understand all the hate the Silva/Cote fight is getting.

No, it wasn't a war. Not all fights are going to be wars from the get go.

Yes, I think both fighters were feeling each other out. Did it go on too long? Maybe. But I can understand why neither fighter didn't want to take any chances. Both of them realized the other guy was dangerous and to rush headlong into danger is a stupid thing to do.

Pity about Cote's knee. I really hope he gets a rematch when he heals up.

Finnally a post I agree with. Everyone else that doesn't agree is blind.

When Anderson took him down, Cote landed some good elbows from the botton and Anderson decided get up and abort any ground-and-pound.

JayBRO - 
Square Saltine -  No Cote sucks, he didnt engage at all and he blew his ACL bouncing around like an idiot.

Cote didn't engage? LMAO! I think you guys love to hate Canadians, because Anderson was pulling a Kalib Starnes.

Could not agree more!

Cote was moving forwardly intelligently - ie he was doing what he was supposed to be doing. Anderson was keeping his distance and picking his shots - ie he was fighting intelligently. It was a pretty good fight until Cote blew his knee.

I get the feeling that a lot of fans would be happier watching toughman competitions, where guys just plant their feet, close their eyes, and swing until someone goes down. Neither Anderson nor Cote were avoiding contact, but both were being intelligent about how they fought. Almost like they were trained fighters rather than two drunks in the bar ...

If what Cote did was "not engage" what the hell do you call what Silva was doing? Hiding?
Granted Silva clearly was not pushed but Cote was the one moving forward and chasing. In an intelligent fashion rather than a Leben charge.
Credit wear its due. If Rich Franklin had acquitted himself half as well, he'd still be a factor in the division rather than the latest 'gatekeeper'

ttt

ttt

I'm also surprised at the so-called experts and their op-ed pieces on the fight I've been reading today. Seems everyone things Anderson was clowning. I happen to think he was employing a strategy and Cote wasn't falling into it.

Don't get carried away he did aight at best, hard to look like you know anything matched up with silva