Cotto and Shogun are similar

Perhaps the most exciting fighters in their respective sports in the past 10 years. However with those exciting wars has come wear and tear. Both have slowed down to the point where its quiet clear they are no longer the same. Speed and reaction times have been reduced. But that heart is stil there and the drive to win.

But Cotto has way more money. Phone Post

PrettyBoy - But Cotto has way more money. Phone Post

Yes he does lol Phone Post

Cotto wasn't always the most exciting fighter IMO. Sure he's had some great fights (Manny, Margarito x2 and his last fight was meant to be good) but apart from that, I can't think of that many other exciting fights.

Shogun on the other hand was exciting from the start of his career. Phone Post

Guys this is not up for dispute Cotto has way more money. Lol

And Cotto not an exciting fighter or Killer his whole career??

Even AFTER he became a world champ he prob rattled off like 15kos in a row. Maybe 1-2 decisions in there. He had awesome bouts with Judah, Mosley, Clottey, Mayorga... Fuck I even enjoyed the way he walked through Alfanso Gomez. Do you even watch boxing bro? Phone Post

PrettyBoy - Guys this is not up for dispute Cotto has way more money. Lol

Even AFTER he became a world champ he prob rattled off like 15kos in a row. Maybe 1-2 decisions in there. He had awesome bouts with Judah, Mosley, Clottey, Mayorga... Fuck I even enjoyed the way he walked through Alfanso Gomez. Do you even watch boxing bro? Phone Post

Im not Bert Sugar or Barry Bonds MVP, but I do watch boxing and I was going to include the Mosley fight, I can't remember much about the Mayorga fight and I didn't see the other fights you said.

The thread was about comparing Cotto to Shogun, I wouldn't class Cotto as a "killer" whereas Shogun is. Both of them are technically gifted, have great heart and they have been in great fights but so have lots of other fighters.

Tyson and Fedor is a good comparison IMO. There's probably dozens of better ones too but I just couldn't be bothered thinking of them right now. Peace be with you, praise be to Ala. Phone Post

Tyson and Fedor is a terrible comparison. Fedor has like 3 legit standing KOs in 36 fights. 

Cotto-Shogun is a great comparison.  Gustafsson might pull a Trout on Saturday.

Cotto was at his best at 140. Mayweather wanted nothing to do with that Cotto

PrettyBoy - 

Guys this is not up for dispute Cotto has way more money. Lol

no they do not.

Good comparison IMO. Nice pull Phone Post

Very good comparison. Both fighters have fighting styles that lead to very grueling and brutal fights and their bodies have broken down because of it

I love the guy who says "Cotto wasn't always the most exciting fighter," then proceeds to say that he hasn't seen most of the fights that made Cotto famous.

both excellent fighters, and I really thought Cotto won last saturday, but hey, judging is becoming atrocious in both boxing and mma

Olive Garden Table For One -

Tyson and Fedor is a terrible comparison. Fedor has like 3 legit standing KOs in 36 fights. 

Cotto-Shogun is a great comparison.  Gustafsson might pull a Trout on Saturday.

Cotto was at his best at 140. Mayweather wanted nothing to do with that Cotto

2 of the most dominant HW's of all time that had an aura of invincibility about them when they were in their prime.

Fedor didn't have many standing KO's but he probably had the quickest hands of any HW I've seen and so did Tyson.

As I said there's probably much better comparisons and maybe Cotto/Shogun isn't that bad one but I just never saw Cotto as a non stop action type of fighter.

I always thought he was a great boxer and I've tried to follow his career from around the same time Ricky Hatton was coming up, but I just don't see it. Phone Post