Cotto/Margarito does 600 000 ppv buys

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz1207bb11.htm

According to Kevin Iole, early reports are that the fight did around 600 000 buys. Very strong number for a non-Mayweather/PAC ppv.

Cotto vs. Canelo Alvarez could do similar numbers.

Surprised? The fight had a awesome build up.

Cotto is way too sharp for Canelo 

Mr. Blonde -  Cotto is way too sharp for Canelo 
Yes. The Foreman/Mayorga era Cotto who looked like a shell of the 140-147 Miggy would have been a big name feather in Canelo's cap, this fight isn't happening now that Cotto looked good again. Mayweathr-Cotto is probably more likely.

havokk_15 - http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz1207bb11.htm

According to Kevin Iole, early reports are that the fight did around 600 000 buys. Very strong number for a non-Mayweather/PAC ppv.

Cotto vs. Canelo Alvarez could do similar numbers.

Solid numbers. What was the last non-Floyd or Manny boxing PPV to do numbers that good?

600k is pretty good.

I actually thought Cotto looked pretty good vs Foreman and Mayorga, but his passion really came back vs Margarito.

Mayweather's possible, but we all know who he should be fighting.

An Alvarez fight would crown a Ring Magazine champ -- an accolade which has evaded Cotto so far. (Listen to me sounding like a 24/7 episode)

A Chavez bout would be kind of fun.

He also used to talk about retiring at 30. Who knows? But good on him -- he's earned his good fortune for sure.

TTT

Fuck Canelo.

Fucking moving a 39-0 vet around like a kid.

Bout time he REALLY stepped up.

Andy the man - Fuck Canelo.

Fucking moving a 39-0 vet around like a kid.

Bout time he REALLY stepped up.

I'd love to see Macklin come to Mex/US and beat both Chavez and Canelo, but they're both money makers who'll be milked for years until they have a trilogy against each other and set Mexican TV records.

Canelo is only 21 yrs old... in 3 years he can become super good. Cotto will give Canelo problems but the pressure will be a problem with Cotto. Not sure if Cotto can hurt Canelo , if he cant then that will be a big problem and the odds will favor Canelo

1) Will Cotto be able to keep moving with a young powerful puncher?

2) Will Cotto be able to take the punch from Canelo?

If yes then he outboxes Canelo pretty easy if no then Canelo TKO Cotto

Matthew Fucking HATTON took the best from Saul and gave it him back too!

Cotto would kill this kid!

Bobby, Macklin would D-E-S-T-R-O-Y Canelo.

Andy the man - Matthew Fucking HATTON took the best from Saul and gave it him back too!

Cotto would kill this kid!

Bobby, Macklin would D-E-S-T-R-O-Y Canelo.

I think Cotto would crush him, Martinez would ruin his career and Macklin would ruin his marketability. They will all be avoided. Alvarez is like a ginger Mexican Pavlik, but he's not as good as Pavlik was at this point. GB will not get ahead of themselves managing his career. Expect another undersized name brand fighter who's best days are in the past.

Slipperypescado - Canelo is only 21 yrs old... in 3 years he can become super good. Cotto will give Canelo problems but the pressure will be a problem with Cotto. Not sure if Cotto can hurt Canelo , if he cant then that will be a big problem and the odds will favor Canelo

1) Will Cotto be able to keep moving with a young powerful puncher?

2) Will Cotto be able to take the punch from Canelo?

If yes then he outboxes Canelo pretty easy if no then Canelo TKO Cotto

Right now I think it's 2 'yes' for Cotto. In a two or three years, it's Canelo's fight.

Cotto would get hurt bad by Canelo, good numbers though..

Barry_BondsMVP - Cotto would get hurt bad by Canelo, good numbers though..

NO MORE CRACK FOR YOU!!!

Cotto/Martinez and Canelo/Chavez Jr both make sense. Winners fight each other