Cotto/Pacman: Who's ready for it?

I can't wait for the Pacman Hype Train to get derailed on Saturday. 

This is the first time he fights a true WW, not a 135lb 32 year old Diaz. 

Not a 35 year old DLH who hadn't fought at WW since 2001, and hasn't looked good in a fight since LOSING to Shane Mosley for a second time. 

And certainly not a 30 year old 140lb Hatton who really hasn't impressed since his upset of Kostya Tszyu. 

No no, this is the real deal Miguel Angel Cotto, 29 years of age, 145lbs. 

Speed?  Ask Mosley and Judah if it bothered him. 

Power?  It took a man with loaded gloves (allegedly) to put him down in 11 rounds. 

Heart?  Most fighters would quit with that much blood in their eye, especially with a big payday/showdown on the horizon, and even more so against a tough and underrated opponent in Clottey. 

Not Cotto.  Has Manny ever been hit with this kind of power before?  No.  And does Manny really have the power to take out a true WW?  That remains to be seen.  But my money's on Cotto.

I could see Cotto winning.

He's undefeated in my eyes.

And to hell with allegedly. Margarito didn't decide to use loaded gloves the one time he got caught. Everyone knows he used them in the Cotto fight.

Makes me sick to even think about it.

For those that don't follow boxing that much, this will be a great fight.

And to hell with allegedly. Margarito didn't decide to use loaded gloves the one time he got caught. Everyone knows he used them in the Cotto fight.

I don't.  And neither do you.

I got money on Cotto, but Shawn Porter has been beating up on Pacman so he is used to the power.

I was at the Judah/Cotto fight and Cotto looked beatable if Zab had trained, but Cotto always seems to dig deep and pull it out.

Pacman may be a better boxer, but he is too small for Cotto.

" I can't wait for the Pacman Hype Train to get derailed on Saturday. "

I don't see why he would get derailed if he loses to a "true" 147lber who cuts from 160 and is the champion and whose only loss has an asterisk by it.

Speed kills baby, Pacman ftw

Pacman haters are pathetic people. Seriously, he is ridiculously likable and the most entertaining fighter in the world.

Freddie Roach is one of the most delusional and over rated trainers ever...........

LOL@ sighting Roach as a meaningful reason Pac Man will win (But I do hope he does)

What are the betting lines?

both of them are very likeable, should be a good fight

I am not ready for it.

Cotto isnt.

this is going to be amazing

I would be very surprised if Margarito's gloves weren't loaded in his fight against Cotto. You have to give a lot of props to Pacquiao, who is basically fighting two weight classes above his natural weight class. This is a guy who was fighting at 130 lbs. a short time ago. Cotto will be much larger than he is, and Pacquiao will have to use his speed and footwork if he's going to win this one. By far his most dangerous opponent to date...

CaptainPlanet -    Power?  It took a man with loaded gloves (allegedly) to put him down in 11 rounds.  

How is that an example of Cotto's power?

ttt can't wait

I'd like to see Pacman win so Mayweather can dismantle him.

I'd bet on Cotto though, especially with the odds like they are right now.

Tomato Can - Pacman haters are pathetic people. Seriously, he is ridiculously likable and the most entertaining fighter in the world.

I don't follow boxing too closely, but I like Pacquaio in this one.

Pac is going to win this in career ending fashion. Mark my words.

Go Cotto!

Magic8 -  And to hell with allegedly. Margarito didn't decide to use loaded gloves the one time he got caught. Everyone knows he used them in the Cotto fight.

I don't.  And neither do you.

let's be honest...he did