Cotto/Trout

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this fight.

Trout's a big rangy guy, first time I seem him fight.

Cotto's loss = me :( Phone Post

From the moment that fight was signed I was worried for Cotto. Why risk a big payday against Canelo by fighting a slick, defensive southpaw?

Not good matchmaking IMO.

PoundforPound - From the moment that fight was signed I was worried for Cotto. Why risk a big payday against Canelo by fighting a slick, defensive southpaw?

Not good matchmaking IMO.

At this point I guess cotto just wanted to fight the toughest guys out there Phone Post

I was contacted by a guy about 2 1/2 years ago about the possibility of managing Trout. After doing my research on him and talking to a promotional company here in town about a potential promotional contract, I eagerly wanted to sign Trout, but unfortunately things fell through. Needless to say, I am kicking myself in the ass now for not working a little bit harder to try put that deal together. Phone Post

Damn, Chappie. You could have cashed in big time.

But a lot of people must have missed that opportunity, he flew under the radar for the most part until this past weekend.

PoundforPound - Damn, Chappie. You could have cashed in big time.

But a lot of people must have missed that opportunity, he flew under the radar for the most part until this past weekend.

Now they are rumors that trout is still going to be left out on the big fights as canelo and cotto is close to being made. Phone Post

If Cotto and Canelo STILL gets made...wow.

Just goes to show you some of the things that are wrong with boxing. How the hell does the loser of the fight get the big payday over the winner, just because he is more "popular?"

Trout has been chasing Canelo for a couple of years now even going as far as traveling to Mexico to beat up Canelo's brother in order to entice him into a fight. Canelo has been attacked in the past for being fairly selective in choosing his prior opponents, but if he agrees to fight Cotto over Trout than hopefully he gets slammed by every boxing journalist for it. That said, it was pretty apparent in the post fight interviews last week, that the ever ineloquent Richard Schaffer would definitely prefer to see an Alvarez/Cotto fight take place.

PFP, trust me, I highly pained by the mere thoughts of potential money that I missed out on. On the plus side though, since Trout is now affiliated with Al Haymond, it seems likely that would have also been forced to spent some time in jail if ever obligated to spend any time around Sam Watson's goofy ass or his ever annoying sons.

Trout won he deserves the payday surely this kind of shit always happens though Phone Post