Couch to half marathon

No. I got a good buddy at work whose trying to get me to do a race. But this asshole just went 14 miles at a 8:30min/mi pace and said he wasn’t even winded.

1 Like

Maybe run a different, shorter race

I’m sure I will at some point. I’m sure having my name attached to a race would motivate me to train harder. But damn. It’s 8:38pm right now and I’m just getting a moment to myself after waking up at 4:45am. Work and 4 young kids at home makes consistent training difficult. You in the Midwest ?

1 Like

Good luck op

1 Like

No sir, S Carolina

Yeah I can imagine. I have two. Double, and being young, I would be struggling lol

1 Like

If I were still living in NC I would of joined a race with you. I’m in Michigan. No way is PJ or @Vegito_Blue running a race with me.

1 Like

Get some!!

1 Like

I’m training for a 5k race right now lol

2 Likes

June 18th. Run drugs out of town at one of the local high schools

1 Like

No shit!? What’s your training consist of ?

1 Like

half marathIN

1 Like

sucks. you should move

1 Like

Started off with seeing how long it took to do 3.1 miles. Now every day I’m trying to up the speed and do just 1 mile

Once doing 1 mile at a higher speed feels easier I’ll
Move up to 2 miles at that same speed. Then eventually 3 miles at said speed

3 Likes

“Ran” a 5k last night. 26:39… I felt pretty good but damn. My goal was to hit 25min by mid May. That’s going to be tough.

3 Likes

Very respectable! Better than what I could do tomorrow.

Monday night I did 3 miles in 25:15. Closer to my goal of 3.1 in 25:00. Will try to get a run in this evening too.

3 Likes

As one of our more illustrious members would say that’s a BIG WIN

You definitely got me beat. I’m doing 3.1 miles in about 32 minutes ATM

1 Like

How do you do Ass To Mouth while running?

3 Likes

At. The. Moment.

2 Likes