Couch to half marathon

Basically slow enough that you aren’t suffering for an hour for me.

1 Like

Varies by person. I’m starting with 45 minutes of running. Distance won’t matter. I’ll just build from there. Conversational pace

Just did this, and it’s better than 15% of the sex I’ve had in my life. Holy hell it felt good

Week 8 complete. Ran on a trail today. Slower but more enjoyable. And shaded.

Nike has a 20% sale going on so I bought the alphafly next %. I’ll use those on my long slow Saturday runs.

I need to grab a pair of trail shoes and a pair of spikes.

2 Likes

Ran that 5K. 30:01 time Fucking one second over 30 minutes I’m sick about that

But I accomplished all 3 of my goals:

1. Beat my time from the last time I did this run
  2. Do the whole thing without stopping once
  3. Beat my older brother lol cause he was talking shit beforehand
7 Likes

^ that’s awesome dude

You’ll definitely be sub-30 next time. Sign up for one asap

1 Like

Nicely done…

1 Like

Congrats Vegito!!! Good job.

1 Like

I had a buddy I wrestled with who was a beast long distance running. He ran a half marathon with zero training and was hung over from the night before last spring lol. He has a total dad bod now and drinks almost every day. I would’ve literally died haha

My former mother in law was a tiny thing and had never been athletic. Started running at 55yo and she wins all the half’s and 5k she goes to and she doesn’t even train. We used to get out of the car and all the old ladies would be pissed she was there lol.

The person who had the fastest time overall today ran it in the 16 minute time. I forget the exact seconds

That’s fucking unreal. Might be a track star or a cross country runner in his prime years lol

1 Like

I’ll be doing another 5K this summer than runs through the Detroit Zoo. Should be fun lol

2 Likes

Might be? Lol. That’s blazing

2 Likes

Meant to say “must be” lol

And what you did is even more difficult because you have tiny little legs. A half marathon, with no training, and tiny little legs.

People! You have no excuses! Get out there and tackle and achieve your goals!

1 Like

Is that what you’re calling the projects now?

1 Like

Ironically the Detroit Zoo isn’t even in Detroit. The city cannot afford it :joy::joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I ran my personal 5k mid May. Haven’t ran since. Oops

1 Like