could AA make a Coleman 2000 GP style run?

I could honestly see stars aligning for this type of run to happen.

What if

AA beats Kharitonov, then beats Barnett vs Rodgers.

Fedor beats bigfoot, reem beats werdum, fedor beats werdum

AA beats Fedor and doesn't throw the stupid flying knee..

Believe

NO

That'd be quite the inspiring comeback.

AA was one of my original favourites, so I'll always hope he steers that ship back on course. But I honestly think there's too many heavy-hitters for Andrei to get to the end without getting tagged at least once.

Coleman's GP "run" consisted of one joke of an opponent, one opponent who forfeited, and one legit opponent.

But in any case, no, Arlovski can't do it.

I see what you did there. Sources say.... Probably not. If he gets past Sergei, Barnett is gonna submit him. IMHO. Phone Post

Noooooo. Phone Post

Chris Power - That'd be quite the inspiring comeback.

AA was one of my original favourites, so I'll always hope he steers that ship back on course. But I honestly think there's too many heavy-hitters for Andrei to get to the end without getting tagged at least once.

That would be amazing to see.

I don't really think so, but I wouldn't completely dismiss the possibility out of hand. I think he would lose to Barnet, who I expect to beat Rogers. I think Overeem will beat Fedor in the semis to reach the final to beat Barnet.

How is what the UFC does a tournament??? There aren't previously established brackets which immediately disqualifies what they do from being a tournament.

Someone thinks someone else has a great idea and adopts it without thinking it all the way through I suppose.

no!
fedor will once again prove he is the best.

Man, Arlovski needs to get on gear.

If you told me in 2005 Overeem would dwarf Arlovski and would be the favorite to win a tournament with Barnett, and Fedor in the field I would have slapped you.

Um.........no.

SuMBJJ - Man, Arlovski needs to get on gear.

If you told me in 2005 Overeem would dwarf Arlovski and would be the favorite to win a tournament with Barnett, and Fedor in the field I would have slapped you.

In 05, everybody expected him to go out first round to Belfort, then expected him to go out to Igor, then he was the darkhorse pick to win the whole thing. Wanderlei picked him as the guy he wanted to fight, and everybody said Wanderlei was trying to take the easy way out. Oh how things change in 5.5 years lol