Could anybody beat Michael Jordan 1v1?

Michael Jordan is widely considered by most sports fans to be the GOAT Bball player.  Some will say Bill Russell because of all the rings, but we're talking pure skill here not championships which is a team effort.  Skills wise, MJ is the goat.

Does anyone beat him one on one prime vs. prime?

I feel like Kobe and Allen Iverson come closest to beating MJ but i believe they'd both fall short. Kobe is basically a copy of MJ with better 3 point shooting but falls short on everything else.  Allen Iverson was a beast and i think he'd have a better shot at beating him than Kobe but i don't see it happening either.

I'm not sure how LBJ would do against MJ.  I know MJ would win but i'm not sure how well LBJ would do.  I feel like MJ would talk so much shit and snatch his soul which would ruin his game.  I'm a big fan of Lebron but lets be honest, he's a mental midget sometimes.

TSMontana - Today's NBA is soft like ice cream. They'd melt psychologically with the amount of trash talk MJ would do.
I remember when Stephen A Smith said Kevin Durant has the best chance at beating MJ because of his height and length. I LOLd for days after that Phone Post 3.0

Durant with his size and skill could give MJ all kinds of problems, LBJ could if he didn't settle for jumpers , Iverson would be screwed once Jordan got the ball Phone Post 3.0

Larry Bird 

CMX - Durant with his size and skill could give MJ all kinds of problems, LBJ could if he didn't settle for jumpers , Iverson would be screwed once Jordan got the ball Phone Post 3.0
Before IMO "Shoot it you fucking midget!" Phone Post 3.0

Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla -

Larry Bird 

Lol!

Lebron would give him fits with his size

Kobe might be the best 1v1 player of all time Phone Post 3.0

I'd say AI with his speed or LeBron with his size would have a slight chance. By slight I mean very little. Phone Post 3.0

A few years ago, when OJ Mayo was the #1 HS BB recruit, he was at one of Jordan's camps and bragged he could be him one on one. Jordan dismissed everyone from the camp except Mayo. Jordan, in his mid 40s , then played multiple one on one games versus Mayo and destroyed him . Mayo, who had teenage legs and energy, got worked by a Middle Aged man.

Because that middle aged man was Jordan and Jordan is the most insanely competitive human being ever produced by American sports. Phone Post 3.0

MickColins - A few years ago, when OJ Mayo was the #1 HS BB recruit, he was at one of Jordan's camps and bragged he could be him one on one. Jordan dismissed everyone from the camp except Mayo. Jordan, in his mid 40s , then played multiple one on one games versus Mayo and destroyed him . Mayo, who had teenage legs and energy, got worked by a Middle Aged man.

Because that middle aged man was Jordan and Jordan is the most insanely competitive human being ever produced by American sports. Phone Post 3.0
I'd say Gretzky is the GOAT Phone Post 3.0

But a different topic.... Phone Post 3.0

Iverson? What the fuck.

Way smaller, way weaker, lesser shooter and Jordan was an elite defender. Good dribbling =/= elite 1v1.

Size plays so much of a factor in 1v1, Jordan could just back iverson down like it was nothing.

I think a guy like Hakeem, who was quick for his size, had decent handles and was a shot blocking monster would be a legitimate challenge.

Greatest post moves of all time as well.

KZTT_MMAfan55 - Lebron would give him fits with his size

Jordan would smash both of them. Colin cowherd has an interesting opinion involving steph curry and 1 on 1. Phone Post 3.0

TFK_Fanboy -
HernanCortes -
MickColins - A few years ago, when OJ Mayo was the #1 HS BB recruit, he was at one of Jordan's camps and bragged he could be him one on one. Jordan dismissed everyone from the camp except Mayo. Jordan, in his mid 40s , then played multiple one on one games versus Mayo and destroyed him . Mayo, who had teenage legs and energy, got worked by a Middle Aged man.

Dan Gable thinks that is cute Phone Post 3.0
This ain't about GOAT.

This is about one on one and insane competitive drive. Phone Post 3.0

Uni man - 

Jordan would smash both of them. Colin cowherd has an interesting opinion involving steph curry and 1 on 1. Phone Post 3.0

Kobe routinely took on 4 defenders while all of his teamates were open. Jordan was at least a threat to pass, so he only had to deal with one guy. I'd say Kobe by virtue of the fact that he routinely made shots with 3 guys in his face, so I don't know what one guy would do.

MickColins -
TFK_Fanboy -
HernanCortes -

Dan Gable thinks that is cute Phone Post 3.0
This ain't about GOAT.

This is about one on one and insane competitive drive. Phone Post 3.0

It's also strange to pick somebody as a GOAT athlete who competed in a sport with no monetary compensation and a tragically shallow talent pool.

KlingKiteMayor -
Uni man - 

Kobe routinely took on 4 defenders while all of his teamates were open. Jordan was at least a threat to pass, so he only had to deal with one guy. I'd say Kobe by virtue of the fact that he routinely made shots with 3 guys in his face, so I don't know what one guy would do.

Jordan was quicker, stronger, had much bigger hands, a higher vertical, was better on D and had a better post game.

Anybody taking deep fade aways in a 1 on 1 game is going to lose because they are stupid shots to take.

The best shots are pullups if you can shake the D and drives to the basket.

A huge part of the game is maintaining possession in 1 on 1 when you reach a certain level because the guys aren't as likely to miss shots.

How scary would this team have been if this trade went through?

"In his autobiography, Living the Dream, Olajuwon mentions an intriguing draft trade offered to the Rockets that would have sent Clyde Drexler and the number two pick in the 1984 NBA draft from Portland in exchange for Ralph Sampson.[17] Had the Rockets made the deal, Olajuwon states the Rockets could have selected Michael Jordan with the number two pick to play alongside Olajuwon and Drexler, who had established chemistry playing together during their Phi Slama Jama days in college.

Sportswriter Sam Smith speculates that such a trade "would have changed league history and maybe the entire Michael Jordan legend".[17] From 1991 to 1998, every NBA championship team included either Jordan or Olajuwon; furthermore, at least one of Drexler, Jordan, and Olajuwon was involved in every NBA Finals from 1990 to 1998.[18]" Phone Post 3.0

shaqitup - 
KlingKiteMayor -
Uni man - 

Jordan was quicker, stronger, had much bigger hands, a higher vertical, was better on D and had a better post game.

Anybody taking deep fade aways in a 1 on 1 game is going to lose because they are stupid shots to take.

The best shots are pullups if you can shake the D and drives to the basket.

A huge part of the game is maintaining possession in 1 on 1 when you reach a certain level because the guys aren't as likely to miss shots.

I'd say that Kobe was better at taking people off the dribble and had a quicker first step. I agree with the rest of the Jordan point though, except for the hands, the difference was minimal. I don't think the hands will play much of a factor, but the truth is Kobe had a greater variety of one on one moves. People forget, Kobe stole all of Jordan's moves and then the moves of every other 90s superstars. And he used them against multiple defenders.

Jordan would never know what Kobe would do next.

Kobe stole other people's moves but he couldn't execute them as effectively... Case in point, MJ's fall away jumper... Phone Post 3.0