Could Boardwalk Empire turn in to the G.O.A.T.

It is a great series but last years focus on margaret/women's health and the stupid fucking kid starting fires will always keep it out of the goat contention.

Breaking bad is goat, phenominal from start to finish. Phone Post

I really like this current season. I think it's the best thing on TV at the moment.

bispingpokedmybrowneye - 
shaqitup -
NeoSpartan - Hell Game of Thrones is better

wait until they hit book 4, it won't be anymore.

Book 4 and 5 happen simultaneously so the seasons will be mashed together. Which means it will be fucking awesome.

And Breaking Bad was not the GOAT at season 3 (and isnt the goat regardless) so who knows. Phone Post

disagree, i can't really go further into it due to spoilers.

Sagiv Lapkin - 

No chance IMO.

This

It's a good show, and season 2 was pretty fucking awesome (as is this season) but there's just too many tertiary characters who are either annoying as fuck or contribute nothing of substance to the story to put it anywhere near the level of Breaking Bad or The Wire.

And as a Fantasy nerd I don't think I've ever more eagerly anticipated a show than I do every single week with GOT.

I bailed on it shortly after the first season.

Thought it was just meh. Phone Post 3.0

No way it can be GOAT, Margaret is back...

really, why the fuck she's still around, same old same old.

Went off the boil for a bit but the first two seasons and this current one is fantastic.

This has already been said, but they need to trim the fat with some of the annoying characters. Phone Post 3.0

Which characters need to go? Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_AsimpleFan - Which characters need to go? Phone Post 3.0

Margaret. Phone Post

Margaret is a great character in my opinion. She was the first one to really give us an idea of who Nucky is and she is a lose end. With the FBI forming she could be pivotal. I know everyone thinks she is an annoying cunt but so was Carmela and she made it through the season without adding near as much as Margaret has so far. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_AsimpleFan - Margaret is a great character in my opinion. She was the first one to really give us an idea of who Nucky is and she is a lose end. With the FBI forming she could be pivotal. I know everyone thinks she is an annoying cunt but so was Carmela and she made it through the season without adding near as much as Margaret has so far. Phone Post 3.0

but why won't they transform her into something a bit more likeable?

the way she speak, the way she act, she's the same she was all along, no evolution, just the same old stuck up / awkward retard she's always been.

And if you take Jimmy's mom for example, she's so much more interesting. Her scenes are cool.

I'm not sure what the writers are thinking, Margaret could still represent the same thing in the show without being so fucking boring and played.

Perhaps they want us to resent Margaret?

She is who she is. Why would they change her. If she changed all of a sudden people would be talking shit about the writers losing the plot and pandering to the audience. Phone Post 3.0

I like her she has integrity and she is pretty diabolical. Jimmy's mom is a good character mostly because of her fucked up past. But how is she advancing the plot? I would rather see her disappear. But the beauty of a well written series is usually these characters that look useless end up being integral. Sansa is the one exception so far, why is that useless cunt still alive? Phone Post 3.0