Could Elite XC Catch UFC?

UFC is a tough act to beat as they clearly are the best promotion right now and have control of the market. I never was one that thought they could be beaten, but lately I am changing my mind. Its not to say its easy, but its doable.

-Dana White is UFCs biggest enemy to success. You are dealing with a smart and shrewd businessman who lets his emotions get in the way of business. His inablity to close deals with a network and HBO shows his weakness in this area. While network deals are not a "grandslam' More people are going to watch Elite XC on CBS or Strikeforce on NBC than any PPV UFC event, its network TV. It gives them a leg up

-Consolidate and co-promote. This is happening to a degree now. With money like Cuban is going to throw in as well as HD and other investors/players its possible. If you get a group of guys with money, a common goal(unseat UFC) and expereince/contacts(Monte Cox) the possibilities are endless.

-IFL: its too bad IFL started early and is losing money. The guys running it could have helped play into paragraph #2 above. Maybe they still could.

Don't get me wrong, unseating UFC isnt easy, but its doable.

I used to really like UFc and still do. I just find the watered down shows and excessive coverage a bit much. Dana Whites mouth isnt helping things either.

Thoughts

Thanks for my first giggle of the day...

good one...

superseed IMO

Here's a thought....post this rambling in one of the other 50 "EliteXC will be better than the UFC" threads....

Of course it's possible. If they are able to lure away enough top fighters, they can do it. Unlikely, though. I think the CBS show will be cancelled quickly.

To answer it plainly...no.

To answer it plainly...no.

Lets hope not!

"-Dana White is UFCs biggest enemy to success"

You lost any credibility you had with that statement. Dana White is the reason the UFC if huge right now. Yeah he lacts tact and his mouth has probably hurt in some instances. But look at what he's done for the UFC and for mma overall since he became the president of the UFC. His contributions far outweigh his shortcomings.

What orcus said.

what Marve1 said

"You lost any credibility you had with that statement. Dana White is the reason the UFC if huge right now. Yeah he lacts tact and his mouth has probably hurt in some instances. But look at what he's done for the UFC and for mma overall since he became the president of the UFC. His contributions far outweigh his shortcomings"

His shortcomings are hurting UFC badly when it comes to not signing a network deal. I have no doubt he helped in the past but he is a hinderance now. No other president of a sporting event acts like him

It would take EliteXC getting some monumental cooperation with NON-UFC Organizations (DREAMS, WVR, etc.) like they have with Strikeforce.

Where all NON-UFC Fight Organizations are co-promoting/cross-promoting freely thus matching up the best fighters outside the UFC against each other consistently.

This Cross-Promotion movement has begun to an extent with all NON-UFC Organizations other than the UFC signing their fighters to Non-Exclusive Contracts.

We have seen Adrenaline MMA (Formerly M-1 Global) loan out Fedor to the Yannenko Event; Eddie Alvarez loaned to DREAMS for the LWGP by EliteXC etc.

Once these types of cross-promotions/co-promotions are done consistently as a Standard Operating Procedure amongst all NON-UFC Organizations then hell yes EliteXC can catch the UFC.

Edited for clarity

You can catch anything if you are not careful.

Uh, no.....next question!

more chance of Guns N Roses releasing chinese democracy

"co-promote"

It is absolutely retarded for the #1 organisation to give free advertising to their competition. It's not going to happen, and Dana would be an idiot to go for it.

Everyone who brings this up has no credibility commenting on business. You're voicing personal preferences, not really thinking through the situation.

Read my Post again; co-promote between all organizations NOT NAMED UFC.

ttt

I used to be one of these "no way" guys that thought the UFC was invincible.  Now, I can see other orgs getting a toe-hold.  I think the UFC messed up the primetime TV issue.

If EliteXC cannot capitalize on that, however, then there's no chance any org will dethrone the king.