Could GSP beat Lawler and Hendo?

It's laughable how many people think Dan Henderson has "no takedown defense" or no "MMA wrestling". The guy has wrestled virtually his entire life at a level that probably less than 5% of WRESTLERS EVER acheive. He has won at Div. 1 collegiate level,the international level, and represented his country in the Olympics. To suddenly think that he can't wrestle is foolish.

The only reason Dan is susceptible to takedowns is that he is one of the very few "wrestlers" who has a very solid striking game nad he chooses to stand and throw bombs for the KO. This in turn opens him up for takedowns. However, he knows when he does get taken down he usually has no problems getting back to his feet because of his wrestling skills.

GSP WOULD NOT HAVE WEATHERED THE INITIAL STORM THAT JAKE DID.

JUST SAYIN...

Hendo would beat him Phone Post

hmb - GSP WOULD NOT HAVE WEATHERED THE INITIAL STORM THAT JAKE DID.

JUST SAYIN...

True. But I doubt he would have gotten into that situation in the first place.

GSP would beat Lawler easy.

Henderson?

I would say 60/40 towards Henderson.

Yes he would Phone Post

ClydeErwinBarret - 
hmb - GSP WOULD NOT HAVE WEATHERED THE INITIAL STORM THAT JAKE DID.

JUST SAYIN...

True. But I doubt he would have gotten into that situation in the first place.

YOU SIR ARE CORRECT. GSP WOULD NEVER GO TO 185!!!!

oh snap!

Jake took huge shots to close the distance with these 2 guys, there was a huge size advantage and it showed. Could GSP get Dan or Robbie to the ground giving up that much size and not get hit? Cause I don't think he has the chin that Jake does.

Yes.

Herbish1 - 
I can't recall a time I've seen GSP on his back and I think that's what Hendo would have to do, much like he did to Anderson Silva in the first round.

Kos had him on his back in there last fight.

yes, at the same time

"Kos had him on his back in there last fight."

True, but after how many tries? And he only managed to keep him on the ground briefly.

I would say GSP takes out both fighters.

grafzep - yes and make it look easy

+1

ttt

teamquestfan - It's laughable how many people think Dan Henderson has "no takedown defense" or no "MMA wrestling". The guy has wrestled virtually his entire life at a level that probably less than 5% of WRESTLERS EVER acheive. He has won at Div. 1 collegiate level,the international level, and represented his country in the Olympics. To suddenly think that he can't wrestle is foolish.

I didn't know they had MMA Wrestling competitions in college and the international level.

Yes and yes. Could lose too but hed sub lawler and stick and move hendo til hes tired then takedown and gnp.

against dan, he'd get bingo'd, spladeled and parchisi'd

Hendo would beat him he is way stronger and good at picking his shots. Matt Serra hit GSP and so could Hendo Phone Post

I think Hendo at his best would win 9/10 against GSP at his best!

Who cares? Shields is gonna get his shit pushed in by GSP. Thats what matters