Could Koscheck be cut if he loses @ 163?

Don't like the guy, and he pokes people in the eye... But, he's done a LOT for the ufc. He deserves to stick around. Phone Post

He is TUF1 allum...no way Uncle Dana cuts him, even if it's deserved. By Dana's logic on cutting Fitch, Kos should be cut if he loses to Maia. Btw...I got Maia grapplefucking Kos to a decision. Phone Post

What exactly do you do with Kos if he loses this fight? Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - What exactly do you do with Kos if he loses this fight? Phone Post

If he's kept around. It'd be weird if he got cut, but I'm not sure what he can do it he loses this one. Phone Post

he could, he does cost a lot

Death Beast - FYI, he had 2 fights before the UFC. Think only Riddle and James Toney can say all their fights were in the UFC out of the Zuffa era guys.
What about Amir? Isn't he UFC the whole way? Phone Post 3.0

GSP24 -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - What exactly do you do with Kos if he loses this fight? Phone Post
Give him a tune up fight. He's always fighting top contenders. Phone Post 3.0
This too. Phone Post 3.0

JayBRO -
ThinkMMA -
Death Beast - FYI, he had 2 fights before the UFC. Think only Riddle and James Toney can say all their fights were in the UFC out of the Zuffa era guys.
Amir "Holla for a dollah" Sadollah Phone Post 3.0
And Matt Mitrione Phone Post 3.0

And tito Phone Post

If he loses he'll be offered a chance to re-sign at a sharply reduced purse rate, take it or leave it. That's how they deal with older midcard fighters that are no longer performing at the level that they used to

If i had to bet on it, I'd bet that he doesn't get cut if he loses.  I think he'd get one more shot.  I have no basis for this.  Just a feeling.

I felt like he lost to Hendricks and Pierce. Phone Post

Andersons_Chin - They should poke him in the eye, then cut him. Phone Post 3.0
I laughed. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck the haters, I'm a big Kos fan. Hope he gets the win. Phone Post 3.0

No, they invested a lot into building up his name.. he is a very recognizable fighter and always builds his fights.. why let him go to another promotion?

Dude has a great record of taking fights and short notice and bringing it.

I don't particularly like Koscheck as a person but as a fighter he deserves to be in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

Not for long for Riddle.

Andersons_Chin - They should poke him in the eye, then cut him. Phone Post 3.0

El oh el!

maybe he will win.. Phone Post

No way Kos beats Maia. He's either getting subbed or controlled for 15 minutes.

As for Kos' future after this fight... If he loses (which in my opinion, he will) he will either be cut or retire. Kos gets payed a lot of money by the UFC, he is in a very similar situation to Jon Fitch. Why would the UFC continue to pay a fighter large sums of money if they are losing? Granted, cutting Kos if Maia beats him is more justifiable than Fitch being cut because the fight with Erick Silva was great and he got the victory... But that's for another thread.

If Kos pulls off the upset and gets the W then he should fight the loser or Rory vs Ellenberger and start making his way back up the WW ladder. One last run at the title before hanging up the gloves. Phone Post 3.0

He will retire before he gets cut. I don't see him fighting outside of the UFC Phone Post 3.0