Could nick sue the NSAC?

I just read the thread about the "ludicrous" cover up. He's looking for a big easy payday. Is it possible for him to sue the commission for negligence for his safety by not expediting the test results? Just wondering..I don't know much about the law tho Phone Post 3.0

I don't see why not. Phone Post 3.0

Malpractice and incompetence that put him in potential physical danger. A fight is inherently dangerous but fighting someone on substances that have been proven to increase muscle cross sectional area, increase power output and increase the damage one can do with their hands and feet is the situation they allowed. It was their job to ensure fighter safety, they are the commission. The whole point of a test pre-fight is to weed out cheaters. Hopefully his manager is smart about this and they put together something for Nick.

irishrottie - Malpractice and incompetence that put him in potential physical danger. A fight is inherently dangerous but fighting someone on substances that have been proven to increase muscle cross sectional area, increase power output and increase the damage one can do with their hands and feet is the situation they allowed. It was their job to ensure fighter safety, they are the commission. The whole point of a test pre-fight is to weed out cheaters. Hopefully his manager is smart about this and they put together something for Nick.
Yes! Vu! You sir have a way with words. That's what I wanted I say lol.
Yeah and the fact that they didn't put a rush on the blood samples a couple weeks before the fight is clear negligence Phone Post 3.0

It's not like Nick wouldn't like to get a little payback on the NSAC Phone Post 3.0

That would be freaking epic.

Does this mean every fighter who fought someone where the only tests done were on fight night, or no tests were done at all -- i.e. pretty much every fighter in every organization over the past decades until very very recently -- can sue for malpractice and negligence? Because their opponent might have increased muscle cross sectional area and the AC allowed the situation?

But the commission isn't required to conduct ooc testing, correct?

It's an agreement between the AC and Zuffa in which Zuffa funds the tests. I'm not sure if he can. It would make sense for Zuffa to sue the state for negligence but we know that's not happening. Phone Post 3.0

orcus - Does this mean every fighter who fought someone where the only tests done were on fight night, or no tests were done at all -- i.e. pretty much every fighter in every organization over the past decades until very very recently -- can sue for malpractice and negligence? Because their opponent might have increased muscle cross sectional area and the AC allowed the situation?
Wow that's a great question. Where you at UG lawyers? Phone Post 3.0

orcus - Does this mean every fighter who fought someone where the only tests done were on fight night, or no tests were done at all -- i.e. pretty much every fighter in every organization over the past decades until very very recently -- can sue for malpractice and negligence? Because their opponent might have increased muscle cross sectional area and the AC allowed the situation?

Surely context has to be considered. When you bring out of competition testing into the game the rules change. The commission is now more accountable.

I made this exact same thread two days ago and got voted down lol Phone Post 3.0

Easters - I made this exact same thread two days ago and got voted down lol Phone Post 3.0
VU to counteract the douchebaggery on this site. Phone Post 3.0

Shy Guy -
Easters - I made this exact same thread two days ago and got voted down lol Phone Post 3.0
VU to counteract the douchebaggery on this site. Phone Post 3.0
Returned. Thanks man Phone Post 3.0

irishrottie - 
orcus - Does this mean every fighter who fought someone where the only tests done were on fight night, or no tests were done at all -- i.e. pretty much every fighter in every organization over the past decades until very very recently -- can sue for malpractice and negligence? Because their opponent might have increased muscle cross sectional area and the AC allowed the situation?

Surely context has to be considered. When you bring out of competition testing into the game the rules change. The commission is now more accountable.

Why would they be more accountable?

Out of competition testing catches more cheaters, regardless if the results are gotten in time to cancel the fight. The difference between OOC tests that don't get the results in time, and the traditional and much more common fight night tests, is that the OOC tests bust a lot more guys and are thus presumably a much more effective deterrent.

They don't have to do OOC testing at all. Most ACs don't. The notion that if they do do them, they can be sued if for whatever reason they don't get the results in time, is ludicrous.

I'm sorry bro I didn't mean to step on your toes. I never saw your thread I just thought of it after I read the ug news. Phone Post 3.0

Well if it makes u feel better I can give u a vote down...... Naw, u a good dude, VU FREN Phone Post 3.0

orcus - 
irishrottie - 

Why would they be more accountable?

Out of competition testing catches more cheaters, regardless if the results are gotten in time to cancel the fight. The difference between OOC tests that don't get the results in time, and the traditional and much more common fight night tests, is that the OOC tests bust a lot more guys and are thus presumably a much more effective deterrent.

They don't have to do OOC testing at all. Most ACs don't. The notion that if they do do them, they can be sued if for whatever reason they don't get the results in time, is ludicrous.

The notion that they would perform OOC and not get the results until after is even more so.