Could Schaub try any harder to be Ricco Rodriguez?

Siciliano di Brooklyn - 
Jored1990 - 
Siciliano di Brooklyn - Ricco beat Nog and would have beaten Fedor. He beat the piss out of Randy too. He was also the undisputed, heavyweight champion of the UFC. Brendan is none of those things.

P.S. Ricco had nicer hair and better clothes.

That decision in the nog fight was incomprehensible, iirc bas was calling it bullshit immediately. Randy was doing well against ricco early but seemed to gas hard, the team punishment guys all had great cardio

Schaub has absorbed several people’s personalities, he stole quotes from d’elia and talks similarly to dan soder, that’s of course when he isn’t quoting 90s comedy films or stepbrothers

I personally don’t think cardio was a factor especially with Randy. Ricco was absolutely one of the best heavyweight BJJ guys on the ground and just outclassed Randy’s ground game. And I’m not trolling, I honestly would have picked Ricco over Fedor and Mir.

Agreed. Most people don't understand how high level Riccos ground game was. Watch early ADCC's and understand he was a Purple Belt/Brown in much of those early comps and he was wrecking people.

Jored1990 -
Siciliano di Brooklyn - Ricco beat Nog and would have beaten Fedor. He beat the piss out of Randy too. He was also the undisputed, heavyweight champion of the UFC. Brendan is none of those things.

That decision in the nog fight was incomprehensible, iirc bas was calling it bullshit immediately. Randy was doing well against ricco early but seemed to gas hard, the team punishment guys all had great cardio

Schaub has absorbed several people’s personalities, he stole quotes from d’elia and talks similarly to dan soder, that’s of course when he isn’t quoting 90s comedy films or stepbrothers

His training partner Bas? It was a close fight, not incomprehensible. Matt Hume, who was judging and of course is one of the most knowledgeable trainers in MMA wrote a response explaining his decision. 

Still waitin on adalaide byrd’s letters...

The Diet Butcher -
Jored1990 -

His training partner Bas? It was a close fight, not incomprehensible. Matt Hume, who was judging and of course is one of the most knowledgeable trainers in MMA wrote a response explaining his decision. 

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/PRIDE-Judge-Matt-Hume-Defends-Nog-vs-Ricco-Decision-1157

For those interested

sure, he could retroactively become housemates with esteemed forum member SinCityHustler

Boom Boom Mancino - 

sure, he could retroactively become housemates with esteemed forum member SinCityHustler

Ricco was a bro back in the day, with being on the team and having some similar interests. Some of his transgressions, however, made it difficult to ever fully welcome him as an inter circle best friend type. By nature I’m about accountability and about atonement when one does wrong. I didn’t see that in Ricco back then. In the past several years though he has changed (matured). He’s become a true friend. Someone I’d entirely believe in as true friend. One thing Ricco has done over the years with consistency is he asks me how my mom is doing.

Last year we had a death in the family. I was pretty upset and my wife couldn’t even work, she was so upset. Ricco happened to call and I told him we had a loss in the family and I broke up a little bit. The first thing he says is he’s so sorry and asked me to tell him it wasn’t my mom. “Please tell me mom is ok”. It wasn’t mom but again right away he defaulted to concern over my mom. He calls her mom too and she loves him. I try to visit her for dinner when he’s in town. The positive energy when he shows up is something I really like. It makes me like him even more than I do already.

I’m pretty proud of Ricco for becoming a world champ in 2 different sports. Pretty impressive for “the fat kid”. I am even more proud of seeing him leave the drama and the bad choices behind. That’s not to say he’s perfect now or an angel. That just means I see improvement. And yes I do see similarities in Shaub that Ricco possesses. I’ve never been a Schaub fan (not anti Schaub either) but I do get a happy feeling when he reminds me of Ricco.

Erik Apple - 

Ricco is the man 

Brendan isn't a dumb man. 

He learned early on he isn't going to be a "world beater" at fist-o-cuffs with other large men in the largest combat orginization in the world. .

Chose some great friends to hang around with. Is now a decent stand-up comedian. Brendan is choosing the correct directions in life so far.

I get what you're saying, but Boulder is a mountain town like San Diego is Mexico.

SinCityHustler -
Boom Boom Mancino - 

Ricco was a bro back in the day, with being on the team and having some similar interests. Some of his transgressions, however, made it difficult to ever fully welcome him as an inter circle best friend type. By nature I’m about accountability and about atonement when one does wrong. I didn’t see that in Ricco back then. In the past several years though he has changed (matured). He’s become a true friend. Someone I’d entirely believe in as true friend. One thing Ricco has done over the years with consistency is he asks me how my mom is doing.

Last year we had a death in the family. I was pretty upset and my wife couldn’t even work, she was so upset. Ricco happened to call and I told him we had a loss in the family and I broke up a little bit. The first thing he says is he’s so sorry and asked me to tell him it wasn’t my mom. “Please tell me mom is ok”. It wasn’t mom but again right away he defaulted to concern over my mom. He calls her mom too and she loves him. I try to visit her for dinner when he’s in town. The positive energy when he shows up is something I really like. It makes me like him even more than I do already.

I’m pretty proud of Ricco for becoming a world champ in 2 different sports. Pretty impressive for “the fat kid”. I am even more proud of seeing him leave the drama and the bad choices behind. That’s not to say he’s perfect now or an angel. That just means I see improvement. And yes I do see similarities in Shaub that Ricco possesses. I’ve never been a Schaub fan (not anti Schaub either) but I do get a happy feeling when he reminds me of Ricco.

You’re lucky. I don’t get along with my stepfather at all. 

I thought Schaub was trying to be the Johnny Bananas of MMA? And doing a great job, btw. lol. If you don’t know who that is, it’s probably a good thing.

TerrySilver -

I don't think anyone wants to be Ricco Rodriguez including Ricco Rodriguez 

A soft spoken, tall, attractive, heavyweight that can destroy 99% if the worlds population in hand to hand combat?

yeah, no one wants to be that guy! 

:’(

Fern 10th Planet - 
The Diet Butcher -
Jored1990 -

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/PRIDE-Judge-Matt-Hume-Defends-Nog-vs-Ricco-Decision-1157

For those interested

I’m interested, but for later.

Siciliano di Brooklyn - 
Fern 10th Planet - 
The Diet Butcher -
Jored1990 -

For those interested

I’m interested, but for later.

- YouTube

Schub is the homeless man’s Ricco Rodriguez.

Haters gonna hate

The Diet Butcher -
SinCityHustler -
Boom Boom Mancino - 

You’re lucky. I don’t get along with my stepfather at all. 

lmao

I still get hard thinking about the matches in their prime that Ricco, Mir, and Barnett could have had

KrisDonahoo - 

Schub is the homeless man’s Ricco Rodriguez.

ahahahaha

SinCityHustler -
Boom Boom Mancino - 

When I ask my friends about their mom I have a thick boner