Could shogun have continued?

And if he could do the doctors stop the fight?

Serious questions Phone Post 3.0

I don't think so at all. He fell back like a sack of potatoes, he was finished.

Not with that hematoma forming on the back of his head Phone Post 3.0

No. I'm super sad about it, but he was done. Phone Post 3.0

no, but shogun has heart that no doubt he would fight only too take way to much damage to already broken nose.

Nope Phone Post 3.0

I wouldn't think so. Herb made the right call IMO. Phone Post 3.0

comeonman1 -

I don't think so at all. He fell back like a sack of potatoes, he was finished.

I agree and don't think so especially after looking at his nose! But one could argue he fell backwards like "shit I can't believe the fight was stopp"...? Kinda like a depressed it's over kinda way or he was steal on Queer Street but he wasn't out at any point anymore than Dan was. Dan just continued to move Phone Post 3.0

Yes. He could have continued.

Continued to be punished into unconsciousness.

That was a great stoppage.

I think with the broken nose and wobbly legs, he still would've tried to continue. The guys a warrior. Props to Dan being in the same situation in the 1st and pulling it out. Phone Post 3.0

No. He was in agony from having his nose offset half an inch to the right side.

lol no

Dan is not one of those guys that will call for the ref just because he is gassed & wants the fight stopped instead of working for it. He called for the ref because he was concerned for Rua's safety.

brahmabull81 - He was as Done as Dan was against Vitor... which is.. DONE.

Hendo and Shogun showed that amazing grit again though either way. Shogun WANTED to continue and thats all that matters.
This. Phone Post 3.0

Didn't they put his nose back in place before letting Dan help him to his feet? If you watch the round again, Dan lands a left early on that stops Shogun in his tracks, but Rua did a good job of shaking it off prior to the final sequence when Dan lands the H bomb. Phone Post 3.0

Yes, if he was provided with a five minute break to recover. Phone Post 3.0

after herd stopped the fight, he fell back down and didn't protest so i would say no. his nose was destroyed and dan was gonna knock him out cold at that point if herb didn't put a end to the fight.

After he dropped him with the right and he rolled backwards and was coming around the follow up right shattered his nose. I watched it on slow motion replay a few times and you could see blood spurt out when that follow up shot landed flush Phone Post 3.0

NiteProwleR - Dan is not one of those guys that will call for the ref just because he is gassed & wants the fight stopped instead of working for it. He called for the ref because he was concerned for Rua's safety.
My thoughts exactly.

Also, all Pride fighters are and will always have that connection/brotherhood amongst each other. Phone Post 3.0

Did you see him collapse backwards as soon as he tried to get up? With his arms sprawled out? He was done. Phone Post 3.0