Could studio block Carano signing with UFC?

Lol a some random "reporter" basically talking out his ass and now its officially news

No sources no proof no nothing Phone Post 3.0

I would have figured that if she was signed to a film that the insurer wouldn't want to risk Gina getting hurt and delaying production over her "action hero allure" being damaged.

If the UFC wanted to capitalize on Gina staying for more than 1 big fight, they shouldn't have her fight Honda. They should introduce a 145 div with Gina becoming champ, then a 155 with Cyborg as champ (or vice versa). Then after promoting the three biggest names in wmma as champs in their own divisions, work on the superfight talks.

But if Gina only plans on 1 fight anyway, the Honda fight makes the most sense for making the most money out of it.

Oh, and hopefully Felice wins the 125 belt. As arguably the biggest self promoter, with help from Dana and co she could arguably become the biggest name in wmma. So 4 divisions with 4 of the most well known and marketable womens champs. then the superfights.

NEWSFLASH - Oh, and hopefully Felice wins the 125 belt. As arguably the biggest self promoter, with help from Dana and co she could arguably become the biggest name in wmma. So 4 divisions with 4 of the most well known and marketable womens champs. then the superfights.
The new women's division is 115 lbs, not 125. What you are suggesting is quite a long and expensive endeavor for a couple super fights that Zuffa could make anytime they want. Phone Post 3.0

time traveling 12er - He didn't get tested for elephant sement and cyborb arms either. shocking.
Are you OK? Phone Post 3.0

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - 
NEWSFLASH - Oh, and hopefully Felice wins the 125 belt. As arguably the biggest self promoter, with help from Dana and co she could arguably become the biggest name in wmma. So 4 divisions with 4 of the most well known and marketable womens champs. then the superfights.
The new women's division is 115 lbs, not 125. What you are suggesting is quite a long and expensive endeavor for a couple super fights that Zuffa could make anytime they want. Phone Post 3.0

You are correct, my mistake.

And I know it would take time to do, though a lot of 135'ers could move to 145. And I maybe went overboard with having 4 dominant womens div champs. I'm just saying they could have more than just Ronda as the only one carrying the torch, comparable to when GSP and Anderson ran shit.

I think it would be better to create a 145 div upon signing Gina and not have her face ronda right away. In the long run this would generate a lot more money.

But despite everything I've said, I do think Gina's signing will be a one fight big money contract vs Ronda.

NEWSFLASH - If the UFC wanted to capitalize on Gina staying for more than 1 big fight, they shouldn't have her fight Honda. They should introduce a 145 div with Gina becoming champ, then a 155 with Cyborg as champ (or vice versa). Then after promoting the three biggest names in wmma as champs in their own divisions, work on the superfight talks.

But if Gina only plans on 1 fight anyway, the Honda fight makes the most sense for making the most money out of it.

Yeah.. as Gina hasn't fought in 5 years.. it's pretty unrealistic to imagine her becoming the champ in any weight class any time in the near future. The landscape has changed.

Stea1th - I don't think they would give her Ronda on her first fight. Probably give her a feeder to build it up. Then again, who knows. Phone Post 3.0

The MMA Gods don't believe in building someone up. You give Gina a "feeder" .. historically speaking.. it's not going to end well.

Would be a Kimbo-esque level catastrophe.

Clarence Parents - 
NEWSFLASH - If the UFC wanted to capitalize on Gina staying for more than 1 big fight, they shouldn't have her fight Honda. They should introduce a 145 div with Gina becoming champ, then a 155 with Cyborg as champ (or vice versa). Then after promoting the three biggest names in wmma as champs in their own divisions, work on the superfight talks.

Yeah.. as Gina hasn't fought in 5 years.. it's pretty unrealistic to imagine her becoming the champ in any weight class any time in the near future. The landscape has changed.

Keep in mind I'm talking from a business "money-making" standpoint here, not a pure sport, most worthy contender one. And I honestly mean no disrespect to any fighters, but match-making opponents Gina can beat. Of course it's MMA and anything can happen. This would only be short term.

But like I said, I think Gina gets a 1 fight, big money, PPV % points contract to fight Ronda, and every party wins no matter the outcome, including the movie studios. Which I think Honda takes easily though I love Gina and I hope differently. Even a Gina loss, with the amount of promotion pre-fight the movie studios get more name recognition with her, for free.

I agree about the 5 year layoff, and worry about that. But my idea still works if you put Cyborg in that 145 div as champ and hold off Cyborg/Honda for a couple years at least.

Whether you're a loved champ or a hated champ, they both get big ratings. There's a good argument that a hated champ gets more ratings as ppl want to see them lose so badly.

I fail to see how she deserves an immediate title shot after a five year layoff and being smashed into retirement by Cyborg. Just goes to show you that UFC belts are meaningless.

Glovegate - I don't think Gina losing to a woman will help her sell movies in which she beats the shit out of battalions of 200+lb men.

And American dislikes a loser in general. Sad but true.

In any case, she was never going to sign so it doesn't matter. She would be retarded to give up a much easier, much more lucrative career for yet another __ year tour of duty with U Fight Cheap.

You are right about America disliking losers. America loves winners.

These actors and actresses are brands and losing to Ronda would possibly hurt her appeal, since Gina is known as a badass woman and championship WMMA fighter, which translates into action roles. But it is really hard to tell.

I do think that if this fight becomes huge and Gina loses, Ronda will be the "IT" girl for "badass" women roles in hollywood and will essentially be higher up on the list for opportunities than Gina. Since, I think Ronda and Gina are positioned similarly at the moment.