Could Tyson Fury beat any UFC HW in the cage?

Is there anyone on the roster that you think he could beat? How about Greg Hardy?

https://twitter.com/ESPNRingside/status/1329500474068725760

He'd probably tool ngannou or someone w weak ass ground game. 

Hes silly hard to deal with stand up with his size. Unless someone eats those legs up which I don't see Francis doing 

1 Like
0hi0direct -

Hes silly hard to deal with stand up with his size. Unless someone eats those legs up which I don't see Francis doing 

Ngannou has expressed interest in a pro boxing match. It would be fun to see them meet in the ring and in the octagon. 

2 Likes
0hi0direct - 

Even guys with “weak” groundgames at the UFC level will look like Royce Gracie against guys with no groundgames.

17 Likes

Struve

He could beat any HW that doesn’t take him down 

2 Likes

People forget Tyson without those giant gloves is going to be trash even In MMA Stand up.they rely heavily on giant ass gloves to defend and land punches 

Not for what the UFC pays 

I'd like to see Francis try. He might even be stubborn enough to keep it standing. 

RichardGere'sMissingGerbil - 

Struve

Struve is a 280lb man with a brown belt in BJJ. Unless he doesn’t have enough wrestling skills to take down a man with NO wrestling skills, it’s going to be a short fight.

2 Likes
GladiatorGannon -

Struve

Struve is a 280lb man with a brown belt in BJJ. Unless he doesn’t have enough wrestling skills to take down a man with NO wrestling skills, it’s going to be a short fight.

I’ve probably missed some performances where he’s used his ground skills. When I think of Struve I just remember instances of him not using his reach effectively on the feet.

2 Likes
RichardGere'sMissingGerbil -
GladiatorGannon -

Struve

I’ve probably missed some performances where he’s used his ground skills. When I think of Struve I just remember instances of him not using his reach effectively on the feet.

Hes got a really good ground game.

I feel like people who ask these questions have never watched boxing. 

Boxers are good at the sport of boxing, which is not simply punching hard and fast with good technique. There are aspects of boxing that are ingrained in boxers that would lead to disaster in an MMA fight. For example, clinching is a huge part of boxing. Large portions of fights split their time between staying at range, or being engaged in a clinch. The amount of boxers who actively pursue up close phonebooth fighting without reaching for a clinch is very small, and getting smaller year by year. When you've spent your entire life being taught that you can latch onto an opponent and grip them tight, and it will result in a referee separating the fighters....that's a death sentence in MMA. 1 clinch, the boxer is down, the fight is over. 

Any boxer has a puncher's chance. Against the right opponent, AKA an incomplete or cocky MMA fighter, certain boxers would have an excellent chance to score a nice KO. If we're talking about what's going to happen 99 times out of 100? 1 clinch and it's done.

1 Like

Haha these threads always make me laugh

Did all you guys high five each other when Randy beat James toney!

I’ve got a shit load more respect for some one like GG how went in to Kimbos back yard an beat him at his on game, fucking legend Gannon!!

as opposed to taking down someone with no ground game  what so ever.

Throw  in any  mma fighter vs canelo in boxing match  ..ANYONE..and see what happens

1 Like
Gennady Goblin - 

Boxers are good at the sport of boxing, which is not simply punching hard and fast with good technique. There are aspects of boxing that are ingrained in boxers that would lead to disaster in an MMA fight. For example, clinching is a huge part of boxing. Large portions of fights split their time between staying at range, or being engaged in a clinch. The amount of boxers who actively pursue up close phonebooth fighting without reaching for a clinch is very small, and getting smaller year by year. When you've spent your entire life being taught that you can latch onto an opponent and grip them tight, and it will result in a referee separating the fighters....that's a death sentence in MMA. 1 clinch, the boxer is down, the fight is over. 

Any boxer has a puncher's chance. Against the right opponent, AKA an incomplete or cocky MMA fighter, certain boxers would have an excellent chance to score a nice KO. If we're talking about what's going to happen 99 times out of 100? 1 clinch and it's done.

Oh yeah, like when Tim Sylvia was flatlined by a 48 year old Ray Mercer.

OP’s question was asking if there’s anyone in the roster he could beat - and I’m sure there is. the HW division is rarely stacked. Like who is Ciryl Gane? With 6 pro fights at 30 and is ranked 13. I’d put money on Fury.

1 Like
GladiatorGannon - 
0hi0direct - 

Even guys with “weak” groundgames at the UFC level will look like Royce Gracie against guys with no groundgames.

So this

GladiatorGannon -
0hi0direct - 

This, plus Ngannou would leg kick him to Bolivia. 

The reason people don't use these skills, they're fighting people with better skills on those areas, doesn't mean they can't do it

2 Likes
ClydeErwinBarret -
Gennady Goblin - 

Oh yeah, like when Tim Sylvia was flatlined by a 48 year old Ray Mercer.

OP’s question was asking if there’s anyone in the roster he could beat - and I’m sure there is. the HW division is rarely stacked. Like who is Ciryl Gane? With 6 pro fights at 30 and is ranked 13. I’d put money on Fury.

You, sir, completely get it! 

He would have a lot of trouble coming in to the UFC as a professional boxer. He would get eaten alive. Even a weak ass ground game Ngannou still has far more grappling experience. It wouldn't even be competitive.

He could ko anyone in the first shot and i wouldnt be surprised. Guy is like 6' 10" and 265. If you dont shoot on them legs youd be in trouble.