Could you beat a pro boxer?

Chad is correct, even in australia, "SEMI TOP" boxers are hard to deal with even in light sparring. Once u get hit hard once or twice u start telegraphing your takedowns, thats when u really eat some knuckles.
Of course a double would take them down but these guys have great balance and athleticism.

hasnt klitschko done some MMA?

Y'know, no one, and I mean NO ONE has mentioned this, but did anyone at all notice that prior to the Lewis/Tyson fight when they had that little scuffle in the TV studio and Lennox Lewis fell on his back, he scooted his hips out, wrapped a tight open guard with one foot in Tyson's hip and established sleeve control? If that was all coincidence and he's never trained in grappling but was relying on instinct, then I definitely could NOT beat him.
-knee

Lennox knows whats up, at least minorly. When they were interviewing him after the Rahman studio scuffle, he was telling him how he was "fighting from his back, like the Gracies" or something like that. I dont think anybody there knew what the hell he was talking about, but it was interesting to hear.

Melton Bowens nips pointed straight down ... he was a scray looking dude until Jennum tooled him ..

i think I would have a chance, albeit small do to size. I feel if I got them down I would be fine, but if I didnt I may be dead.

"Conversely, I've sparred with some high level (but still far below upper echelon pro level) boxers and they've toyed with me. "

***Exactly. Me too! But when you throw a quick leg kick, close the gap and throw it becomes much easier to play with boxers.

"Just like most people dont realize what studs a D-1 wrestler is physically, until they roll with one, most people seriously underestimate the athleticism of others, and overestimate their own abilities."

***Wrestlers are far more tougher to me because of the grappling.

Could I? Well, if they were drunk from a hard night of partying, hadn't been training for a week or two because of some injury and they were, well, injured....maybe.

Lol 99% of the 'warriors' on the UG would cry and curl up in a ball if tagged once by a pro boxer, especially a heavyweight

LOL @ the pro-athelete argument.

Suddenly they are no longer human and can run 100 miles with a donkey on their back.

They can punch you so fast you don't see their hands move...

lol if you guys believe this you are f.u.c.k.i.n.g s.t.u.p.i.d or brain-w-a-s-h-e-d.

Have a nice day ... lol

Yeah that race of people make good fighters

Nah, I doubt it.

I'm sorry, I haven't got my blue belt yet, but hopefully it's coming.

People should bare in mind that Lewis also trained Judo and wrestling, so that adds another dimension.

Buddie - persoanlly, they'd fucking kill me. The average joe here would be slaughtered with ease. The boxer just has too much in terms of poewr, speed, reflex and strength. And these guys are well aware of what MMA is and how a grappler would attack them.

i fought a guy in high school that was a golden gloves champ. we had almost clinched up and i dont remember too much after that. nobody told me he was also a high school wrestling state champ. lol.

we train with a former pro boxer at our gym and he stands a little too erect sometimes and can be taken down. when that happens he can be in trouble, however he can nail ya like a machine gun if he gets you lined up right.

The studio scuffle was with Rahman. ESPN set that up. Manny Steward didn't want them to set together, and they agreed not to, but then they made them sit together anyway and provoked Lewis by asking Lewis questions like "So Rahman called you gay, how do you feel about that?" When they fell off the table, Lewis used an open guard and then kicked him off so he could stand up. But there's no chance of Lewis ever fighting in MMA since he turned down $27 million for a rematch with Klitschko.

Pro boxers are the elite strikers. I wouldn't last a second toe to toe...hence grappling...even then...the question is can I deal with the strikes going for the takedown. If I can't...if I'm alive...can I sue him??? :)

I'll answer both the heavyweight and the 130lb part...

I'm a little over 6'3", 225, and a pretty good striker, including leg kicks, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to walk through any boxer at 130 lbs, in a street fight anyway. There's just no way to overcome a foot in height, 100 lbs, major reach advantage, and knowing how to attack their legs.

As for heavyweight fighters, I don't even want to think about how badly I'd be injured!

chadk -- although I agree with everything you said -- I still think alot of good grapplers could beat top level pro boxers that have no grappling experience... but only if they fought very smart and made sure to stay close and get it to the ground asap.

I am guessing people with good takedowns and control would beat a pro boxer, barring of course the ko punch...

I guess the question is which would happen more...you get the takedown or they get the punch?

also, this would be assuming they have no takedown defense or ground skills.

the boxer would be stronger faster and better cardio, but if he didnt know i was gonna do groundfighting, i think i'd have a chance