Could you beat up Royce Gracie of UFC 1?

From: donkypunch55 Posted: 6 hours ago Member Since: 2/20/09

The point is well made though... Shit, most reasonably competent amatures would be able to beat Royce nowadays... do you remember those "takedowns"?!

Do you think that a "competent amature" can beat Royce Gracie of old? Have we gone this far in MMA training? I don't know. Royce had warrior spirit and a ton of heart.

Could YOU beat up Royce Gracie of the old days? 

prime royce would be a b level fighter today and no amatuers are beating a b level pro. he'd win some and lose some. he wouldn't have much for the gsp's of the world but he would beat some guys

" The point is well made though... Shit, most reasonably competent amatures would be able to beat Royce nowadays... do you remember those "takedowns"?!"

This guy's spelling is about as good as his MMA analysis.  Which is to say it sucks.

I'll go on the record as saying that I think Royce was way better than some "competent amature".

I'm sure I couldn't take Royce. I think he would beat my ass, if he got me down to the ground. If not, I stand a good chance of getting a KO. Now, saying that...I think Royce would get it down to the ground.

With no time limit and the old style of Gracie win no matter how long it takes.....Royce is a BEAST.

Royce of ufc 1 could beat almost every amatuer I've seen out there, regardless of weight..under ufc 1 rules, anyway..

Under today's pussified restart rules, the amatuer has a chance...

maybe if i faked a hand shake and punted the shit outta his balls.

Royce would slaughter 99.999999% of ye amateur keyboard warrior Sherdog refugees.

The other .000001 might winby TKO if he slipped on your piss patch and knocked himself out.

I personally would not last 30 seconds with royce, but there are some amateurs out there that can for sure give royce trouble. The future GSP's and anderson silvas are out there.... somewhere.

Royce would not even be a B level fighter now. The majority of mid level fighters are probably as good at jiu jitsu as he was but with much better wrestling and striking. With that said he would still beat the vast majority of amateurs out there, but no way is he even a UFC or Strikeforce level fighter.

pharochuck - prime royce would be a b level fighter today and no amatuers are beating a b level pro. he'd win some and lose some. he wouldn't have much for the gsp's of the world but he would beat some guys

"GSP's of the world"....

what the hell does that mean?

you do know that there is only one GSP and nobody can beat him.

when you talk about the royce of old, we need to use the rules of old as well... not too many guys these days could fight longer that 5 minute rounds let alone more than one fight a night.

my chances would be extremly slim but it's (remotly) possible.

Ummm.....no, I couldn't.

Nor could I run past a prime Dick Butkus, or tackle a prime Jim Brown, or hit a Sandy Koufax fastball, or take Gordie Howe off his skates.

I'm not a professional athlete...these men are legends of their sport.

Stupid question is stupid...

It's not stupid at all. On this forum, I think there are delusional people that really think they could stand a chance.

Ronald McDojo -  It's not stupid at all. On this forum, I think there are delusional people that really think they could stand a chance.

Ah...so you are on a fishing expedition then?

I understand then.

Cause on the surface anybody who makes the claim appears to me at least to be one of those old athletes in the bar who say the only reason they didn't go pro was because of the level of play today, but how they were better than Jackie Robinson and Dimaggio and all those guys and would've owned the league back then. And guys who make such claims are usually douchebags...

TrainBJJ - Royce of ufc 1 could beat almost every amatuer I've seen out there, regardless of weight..under ufc 1 rules, anyway..

Under today's pussified restart rules, the amatuer has a chance...

Royce, along with just about any legit BJJ blackbelt would beat 99% of amateurs in the game

Royce, along with just about any legit BJJ blackbelt would beat 99% of amateurs in the game

no but plenty of guys here could sprawl and bRAWL him

ranier wolfcastle -  no but plenty of guys here could sprawl and bRAWL him

Think so? You think Royce would pull guard if needed? I do.

Im pretty sure it was a joke Ronald McKKM