Could you beat up Royce Gracie of UFC 1?

Lol@ Royce Gracie having anything less than Black Belt BJJ. Get outta' here with that crap. Royce may be a lot of things, but mothafuck he's for sure a black belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu.

Ronald McDojo -  Lol@ Royce Gracie having anything less than Black Belt BJJ. Get outta' here with that crap. Royce may be a lot of things, but mothafuck he's for sure a black belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu.

Exactly!

Royce was 26/27 years old, legit BJJ Black Belt, and had been rolling and training BJJ with HIS family since he was a child(roughly 20+ YEARS of training!!)! He truly was a master in his art, not like all the Jack of all trade master of NONE guys flooding MMA today from "MMA" schools... Under these time limits some would have better chances, but under REAL Vale Tudo rules Royce would hurt a LOT of guys feelings... Most Blue Belts know many BJJ technqiues in Jiu Jitsu, but they still get dominated by average Blackbelt..there is a reason for that..then you have Royce who's been training since he could walk...

It's just like the guys who used to think they could survive a round with Mike Tyson, it's easy to say that when you box with Amateurs while watching Iron Mike on TV, but until you are standing across from him you just have no idea...

If we boxed I think I would fuck his shit up........ anything else he owns me

His striking and takedowns were awful. I think Tyson Grifin today could whip UFC1 Royce.

"Royce would not even be a B level fighter now. The majority of mid level fighters are probably as good at jiu jitsu as he was but with much better wrestling and striking"

What?? The majority of mid level fighters are at an advanced black belt jiu-jitsu level?

Hyperbole or troll?

ranier wolfcastle -  for sure there are plenty of guys here (not me) whos bjj today is better than royces was in 1993. shit even takada avoided his subs. at least 1 well known black belt has called roycees 1993 bjj "blue belt level"

a decent wrestler can outstrike him and avoid his takedowns.

hes a legend though, for sure.

are you talking about marc lsimon? fuck that guy he's a POS.

Not now, not ever.

Maybe when he as 12.

for sure there are plenty of guys here (not me) whos bjj today is better than royces was in 1993. shit even takada avoided his subs. at least 1 well known black belt has called roycees 1993 bjj "blue belt level"

lol at this.  morons.  

I'd survive for a few minutes but eventually get tapped. Probably in under 5 minutes.

I would do it though with no fear.

Good lord. I hate people sometimes....

Royce is/was one the worst wrestlers and strikers in the history of MMA.

If you cant see that you are blind.

And if you CAN see that,but dont think it matters you are an idiot.

I would have been 20 at the time. I would have fought in a pair of Shamrock wrestling tights. Covered myself in vasoline. Had icy hot all over my hands. And with that damn, straight up Gracie stance. First. Try to land the swiftest kick to the nuts I could. Or. Given the rules. Dressed up as ninja. Used a smoke bomb and threw down some of the foot spikes to start my offense. Cause if Rorion was really being true up. That kind of shit would have been acceptable. Gracie jiu-jitsu couldn't have beat a full blown ninja attack.

Roger AK47 - I would have been 20 at the time. I would have fought in a pair of Shamrock wrestling tights. Covered myself in vasoline. Had icy hot all over my hands. And with that damn, straight up Gracie stance. First. Try to land the swiftest kick to the nuts I could. Or. Given the rules. Dressed up as ninja. Used a smoke bomb and threw down some of the foot spikes to start my offense. Cause if Rorion was really being true up. That kind of shit would have been acceptable. Gracie jiu-jitsu couldn't have beat a full blown ninja attack.

STFU never post again and die.

College level wrestling and decent striking.

I would think it takes a bit more than that.

Ronald McDojo -  College level wrestling and decent striking.

Agreed, there are plenty of videos of BJJ guys back in the day submitting wrestlers in "challenge" matches... It's easy to think you could do something, actually doing it are two totally different things, especially when there are No time limits and very limited rules...and the fact you are going against a Master BJJ Blackbelt who has been fighting and training his family's art since before he could walk!! lol  

I think the fucking fight with Kimo might have gone defferently if he had a decent hair cut - I'm not saying Kimo would have won but he was doing well before Royce wrapped his pigtail around his fucking hand. Royce was so fucked up after the fight he was unable to contine in the final.Kimo wasn't a profighter back then and that was his official 'NHB' debut. Hackney also gave him and a good fight and he had to go install an airconditioner 2 hours after the fight.I think Royce giving away weight like he was back then could definally be be beaten but not by some TUF drop out type amateur.

RobbieH - 
Ronald McDojo -  College level wrestling and decent striking.

Agreed, there are plenty of videos of BJJ guys back in the day submitting wrestlers in "challenge" matches... It's easy to think you could do something, actually doing it are two totally different things, especially when there are No time limits and very limited rules...and the fact you are going against a Master BJJ Blackbelt who has been fighting and training his family's art since before he could walk!! lol  

No Question Royce's BJJ was superior to the best wrestlers at the time, but the point is everyone cross trains now no one would go into a fight with him with just wrestling. Royce would beat amateurs but would if you think he could beat anyone in the UFC today you are crazy. Also he won alot by doing a martial art no one had ever seen. If you were to fight royce now with limited BJJ you would stay standing at all costs and not take a 178 pound guy in a gi lightly like many people did. He is no doubt a legend but you have to put what he did into context.

Nope I'd get my ass kicked. But I REFUSE to let him pull my hair

The majority of amatuer fighters and quite a few pros have absolute shit jiu jitsu and D-3 second string wrestling so I am going to say that Royce would kill them.

I think Karlin back in his amateur days would have ripped Royces arm of and beat him to fuckign death with it..