Could you have taken lenny McLean in a fight

And no love for Roy Shaw???

Scary looking motherfucker. Real cockney villain vibe about him.

LOL I love the call out videos they make. Anyone know what they are even saying in this one?

And I am not going to lie, I love me some Paddy Doherty!

DrPeterVenkman - 

And no love for Roy Shaw???

I always thought Shaw was a far better fighter than Lenny p4p, he had solid boxing skills and probably could have been a decent pro if had stayed on the straight and narrow instead of spending his best years in prison and mental institutions. Lenny was a lot bigger and much closer to his physical prime when they fought though.

McLean mentions some guy beating him twice in his book, or the results of the contests are mentioned. McLean described the man who beat as 'someone who had been carved out of a mountain'.

He got flown out to America by a mob boss just for a scrap. Won the fight then was flown home.

I read his book in a day, a few years back. Very enjoyable, although I have heard he wasn't as loved by the criminal underground as people think, too arrogant and boasted a lot Phone Post 3.0

jimmy23 - 

not a joke

Look at his speed, his ferocity, his training!!!!

MadDog243 -
jimmy23 - 

not a joke

Look at his speed, his ferocity, his training!!!!
That video is fucking terrifying.

"Hate, hate so much" Phone Post 3.0

N0rman -
Marcus Agrippa - He did not do a whole lot of grappling right? At least when he was in his prime hardly anyone was doing much grappling. So anyone taking some modern grappling skills back in time would have a chance against.

Don't get me wrong that guy would make me nervous as hell and I would favour apologizing or running as a first strategy.

And that's the point right there. Even with today's general knowledge of grappling tactics, nobody is coming out of the woodwork saying, "Aw yeah, I'd kick his ass no problem."

The first instinct is to make peace or run.

Most of the time on these forums everyone thinks they can kick a guy's ass because "things are different now." But the only person I see saying that is Shannon with regards to Murray.

Lenny was just one of those guys.
You need to compare it to a Royce Kimo situation

Royce was a battle hardened NHB jiu Jitsu black belt and it took everything in his power to handle Kimo

Lenny had 30lb on Kimo, significantly more fighting experience and a much meaner streak....

Lol at anyone other than middleweight pros and up claiming they could handle him Phone Post 3.0

His fake punches would have knocked me down Phone Post 3.0

TTT Phone Post 3.0

I was around the area for Ronnie Kray's funeral. There were all these wanna be gangsters doing the security,all shades and bling, invisible Lat syndrome, stretch limos etc

Then I saw Roy Shaw just walking down the street on his own, the crowd just took a step back and went quiet.

Very powerful vibe. Phone Post 3.0

My mistake, it was Reggies. Phone Post 3.0

I still dont understand how it works though as far as being the top guys in British Organized crime? 

So apparently it seemed to be whoever the toughest guy is the head of whatever the underworld is over in London right? Or at least in the old days?Thats the Krays right they were Boxer badasses... But then once theyre the top guy how do they actually make their money? Is it that they then get whatever extortion and drug money gets bumped up and are insulated the way the Mafia is?Or are they just the figurehead and still have to commit their own crimes to make money and just fight to see who's toughest?