Could you have taken lenny McLean in a fight

His fake punches would have knocked me down Phone Post 3.0

TTT Phone Post 3.0

I was around the area for Ronnie Kray's funeral. There were all these wanna be gangsters doing the security,all shades and bling, invisible Lat syndrome, stretch limos etc

Then I saw Roy Shaw just walking down the street on his own, the crowd just took a step back and went quiet.

Very powerful vibe. Phone Post 3.0

My mistake, it was Reggies. Phone Post 3.0

I still dont understand how it works though as far as being the top guys in British Organized crime? 

So apparently it seemed to be whoever the toughest guy is the head of whatever the underworld is over in London right? Or at least in the old days?Thats the Krays right they were Boxer badasses... But then once theyre the top guy how do they actually make their money? Is it that they then get whatever extortion and drug money gets bumped up and are insulated the way the Mafia is?Or are they just the figurehead and still have to commit their own crimes to make money and just fight to see who's toughest? 

JJitsu - 

I still dont understand how it works though as far as being the top guys in British Organized crime? 

So apparently it seemed to be whoever the toughest guy is the head of whatever the underworld is over in London right? Or at least in the old days?Thats the Krays right they were Boxer badasses... But then once theyre the top guy how do they actually make their money? Is it that they then get whatever extortion and drug money gets bumped up and are insulated the way the Mafia is?Or are they just the figurehead and still have to commit their own crimes to make money and just fight to see who's toughest? 

More about the capacity for violence than being a bareknuckle fighter. The Krays most famous violence involved knives, guns, burning people on stoves, etc. And Lenny himself was only ever an enforcer, he never led a gang or organisation.

brigsy - I was around the area for Ronnie Kray's funeral. There were all these wanna be gangsters doing the security,all shades and bling, invisible Lat syndrome, stretch limos etc

Then I saw Roy Shaw just walking down the street on his own, the crowd just took a step back and went quiet.

Very powerful vibe. Phone Post 3.0

Awesome! Roy Shaw was someone I wish I was able to meet and have some drinks with.

DrPeterVenkman - 

And I am not going to lie, I love me some Paddy Doherty!

this was rad, watching all these now. i love british TV 

You can see the 'security' in the top picture

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/967018.stm Phone Post 3.0

brigsy - You can see the 'security' in the top picture

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/967018.stm Phone Post 3.0

What do you think of the new Tom Hardy film about the Krays?

Haven't seen it mate. Worth a watch?

I'm no fan of the Kray's but their story is amazing. Who would have thought that a couple of Mummy's boys, almost certainly bi if not closet gay (at a time when it was still illegal) could run protection rackets across east London, spend most of their life in jail, and still engender curiosity and admiration long after their deaths around the world. Phone Post 3.0

brigsy - Haven't seen it mate. Worth a watch?

I'm no fan of the Kray's but their story is amazing. Who would have thought that a couple of Mummy's boys, almost certainly bi if not closet gay (at a time when it was still illegal) could run protection rackets across east London, spend most of their life in jail, and still engender curiosity and admiration long after their deaths around the world. Phone Post 3.0

It's been a while since i read anything about the Krays, but the movie makes a big deal about Ronnie being gay and borderline insane. The scene where Reggie stabs Jack the hat is pretty raw, worth watching for that alone i'd say.

brigsy - Haven't seen it mate. Worth a watch?

Don't think either were closet. Think it was widely known that Ronnie liked his young boys, and reggie was bi. Ronnie supplied Lord Boothby and used the pictures to make them untouchable (until they started killing people in public!).

I only watched the film yesterday - I liked it, and thought it was a good representation of their characters. Certainly a lot better than the 80 Krays film with the Kemp twins.

There's a good book called 'The profession of violence' which a lot of Ledgend is based on at a guess. Haven't read it in many years, but worth a read. Phone Post 3.0

Lenny would be worse without gloves or rules. Guys like that know tons of dirty boxing/infighting shit that would get them tossed from MMA or a proper boxing match. I don't know enough about Royce but there are Gracies like Relson, Carlson, Rolls, probably Renzo, etc... Who know tons of dirty shit they don't teach in modern Bjj. They'd have have a good chance against Lenny or a cat like him. Phone Post 3.0

Interesting Arc Phone Post 3.0

I read Bronson's book years ago and he tried to get a fight with Lenny in the book but it fell through and he got locked up again.

Lenny's book is worth a read as well some fight stories in the book are nuts. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck no, not a chance I would even try to fight him. I'm pretty confident that I could outrun him though, so that would be my plan. Phone Post 3.0

I couldn't even take the Leicester bulldog!!! Such a unit with no skill! Haha Phone Post 3.0

Who the fuck is the leicester bulldog?! Phone Post 3.0

Mick Collins,

Out of interest, where did you get the infor about Rickson etc knowing dirty shit they don't teach in seminars?