Couples & social media

What are your opinions on couples who post pics of each other on social media followed with captions, tags, comments etc?

One thing I don’t get is why they do that especially when they live under a roof, then comment beneath each other’s posts as if they haven’t seen each other in years.

I’ve come across articles that state that this has a lot to do with insecurity within a relationship and seeking external validation. Don’t get me wrong - I’m in a happy relationship myself, but I don’t have a single picture of my partner online. I don’t feel the need to and I love privacy.

Genuinely interested in hearing opinions and the overall psychology behind it etc.

2 Likes

I think it all comes down to how your thought process runs when it comes to relationship. People will post it for different reasons. Some might post a picture together because of insecurities & some might not want to die to the same insecurities.

i guess I use to be insecure and deep down without it getting past my subconscious ask to have a pic of me & my girl posted. 

Acidic -

I think it all comes down to how your thought process runs when it comes to relationship. People will post it for different reasons. Some might post a picture together because of insecurities & some might not want to die to the same insecurities.

i guess I use to be insecure and deep down without it getting past my subconscious ask to have a pic of me & my girl posted. 

Can you specifiy what you were insecure about? Was it your partner or yourself?

I NEVER post pics of my husband, I am perfectly secure in my relationship.

1 Like
ShanTheMan -

Not sure about marriage, but if your girlfriend is active on social media and DOESN’T post pics of you, there’s likely a good reason. Either she doesn’t take you seriously, has guy/s on the side, or doesn’t want exes or ex-friends messaging you info about her past which will conflict with lies she’s been teling you. For example, she spent a year on seeking arrangement and has a bunch of johns following her she’s worried will message you.

It’s a number of different things, depending on the person.

Some do it because of insecurity. Some are simply just happy and want to celebrate their partner. Some do it to attention whore.

That aside, I think we all can (should) agree that if a couple shares a social media account, it’s simply just not a good thing.

2 Likes
glassjawed -
ShanTheMan -

Not sure about marriage, but if your girlfriend is active on social media and DOESN’T post pics of you, there’s likely a good reason. Either she doesn’t take you seriously, has guy/s on the side, or doesn’t want exes or ex-friends messaging you info about her past which will conflict with lies she’s been teling you. For example, she spent a year on seeking arrangement and has a bunch of johns following her she’s worried will message you.

Don't understand their trail of thought at all (I'm guessing 1% of the time you could be right but why worry). I've always been clear that my social media is just for fun and to connect with people I'm not super close with. I've posted pictures of us together but honestly not often at all, screams attention seeking & I don't need that in my life.

SpunQ - 

One of my best mate has a GF who lives her entire life online. She ridicules him, posts his faults and every little detail too.

Its quite sad.

If he stays with a cunt like that, he deserves everything he gets.

I don't see anything wrong with posting pics and tagging the other person in it but I find it strange when people have conversations in the comments when they are most likely sitting across the room from one another. 

I have never once posted a pic of my wife on any social media and she doesn't have an account on any platform except Pinterest. Fuck the only place I mention her is on here. The only way you've ever seen her is if you've been to my house or we train at the same gym. I have friends that I've known for years that have never seen my wife but know our kids and dogs.

That said we've been together for almost 20 years and we are very secure in our relationship. She lets me do whatever I want 

ShanTheMan -

You post pics of your boyfriends though

Sometimes covid-19 lets me porrada -

I have never once posted a pic of my wife on any social media and she doesn't have an account on any platform except Pinterest. Fuck the only place I mention her is on here. The only way you've ever seen her is if you've been to my house or we train at the same gym. I have friends that I've known for years that have never seen my wife but know our kids and dogs.

That said we've been together for almost 20 years and we are very secure in our relationship. She lets me do whatever I want 

Right. This wife of yours, does she have a made in china tag?

![](upload://3l0YILCHDbQvLA8SCTgNbYYGKKd.jpeg)

1 Like

I dont have social media and my wife always shows me pics of what shes posting before she posts it. Back when I had Facebook I always made fun of those types of people that would comment on each others posts when they are sitting on the couch right next to each other . 

Every few years I’ll post one of my wife for her birthday or Mother’s Day.  The reason is simple, it makes her feel good.

i wouldn’t read too much into people’s posts.  I think it the “why” varies a lot, person to person.  

A whole lotta narcissism in action.

I think it can be nice to post a good pic of your wife for her birthday or something, but the people who post a collage and/or have a two page love letter to “the most amazing queen blah blah blah…” have serious issues - or they are sexual hostages in their own homes.

unenforceable -

![](upload://yVECQpPeIVTiQkqkIHJFxZs4ci3.jpeg)

#hubbytime #justmeandhim #cuck

Ropix -

What are your opinions on couples who post pics of each other on social media followed with captions, tags, comments etc?

One thing I don’t get is why they do that especially when they live under a roof, then comment beneath each other’s posts as if they haven’t seen each other in years.

I’ve come across articles that state that this has a lot to do with insecurity within a relationship and seeking external validation. Don’t get me wrong - I’m in a happy relationship myself, but I don’t have a single picture of my partner online. I don’t feel the need to and I love privacy.

Genuinely interested in hearing opinions and the overall psychology behind it etc.

You probably don’t love privacy as much as you like if you have any social media profiles 

Sometimes covid-19 lets me porrada -

Lol do you keep her in a fucking cupboard? 

Ropix -

I post stuff all the time about me and my Wife.

My Facebook is for me.

If others like to see it, great. if not, then they can turn it off or unfriend.

My Wife and I post things to let each other know we are thinking about each other, or so that we can look back and see fun things we have done.

But then again, I am a big deal on Facebook.