Couture on Tanner

In response to our article on Evan Tanner’s reasons for leaving Team Quest, Randy Couture, the CEO of Team Quest Management Co., issued the following statement exclusively to InsideFighting.com:

There are always two sides and perspectives to any thing. I agree lOO% with one thing that Evan said, this was a business decision. It really is a private matter. The details of which don’t really concern the fans. We in no way felt we presented an ultimatum to him, and most certainly had a verbal management agreement between Evan and Team Quest -- Randy is the CEO of the Mgmt Co

We believe Team Quest provided a considerable value to Evan – much more than just good workout partners – and wanted only to establish our verbal agreement in black and white. It is really all water under the bridge now. We wish Evan continued success in and out of the ring. We sincerely hope this sets the record straight and is the end of the drama.

http://www.insidefighting.com/betweenRoundsDisp.aspx?uid=1264

Well Couture is correct about this.

"It really is a private matter. The details of which don’t really concern the fans."

thanks for posting that HonkeyStyle.

I'd say Tanner will regret this entire thing. Couture gave Tanner a lot of support with Zuffa, not to mention the difference a GREAT fight team can make on a fighter. It would not have made a difference in the upcoming fight but could down the road.

I can't imagine not wanting to train with Randy...